Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Every Child Matters - Please Help.

Good afternoon everyone,

I am currently doing a degree in Working with Children and Young People and I am doing a bit of research into ECM within people's workplaces.
    I know ECM no longer exists under the coalition government however we still have a module which we need to complete!

Anyway, I was hoping some of you would be able to tell me a little bit about which of the 5 outcomes you find easiest to meet and why and as the ways in which you work towards meeting it please.

Huge Thanks in advance.

Hailee x

Penny1959 Guest

Hello if you PM me with your email address - I will send a response on ECM

Penny

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is unfortunate that ECM seems to have gone off the radar with the coalition government.

It still exists - however it is less prominent now than before.

All 5 agenda items have been used to inform the Themes and Commitments of the Eyfs so you should find some info there.

Hth

Penny1959 Guest

Yes - you are right Sarah although not mentioned that much ECM is very much still there.

In order to respond by email to the question by the OP, I looked it up and the DfeE still have all the documents - in fact they have been re badged as a DfE document and give a 2011 date - whereas some of the old government documents have been sent to archives.

Also on the Ofsted website there is a document for inspectors - again 2011 that gives information about ECM with reference to inspection outcomes - so very much still there and still being used.

Penny