Feeling guilty..........
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Feeling guilty..........

........I currently look after a 7 month old little girl for two days a week. I've been asked to look after another little girl for those two days too and when I mentioned this to the Mum I got the impression she wasn't very keen...........I suppose she liked having her baby looked after 1:1 and now she's going to have to share me.

I'm feeling terribly guilty but I shouldn't should I?
    Last edited by Lear; 14-10-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont think you should at all!!

it's your job, she can't specifically choose to have a one to one worker she must have known this possibilty would arise. I have my own young daughter so no one will ever get me one to one.

You just have to reasure her that your trained enought and well equipped to cater for two children and her child will still be treated the same and get enough attention - it must be tricky though if she got used to the idea of her child being the only one. x

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Please do not feel guilty. You registered as a Childminder who under normal circumstances is registered to look after 3 children under the age of 5. You are not a registered Nanny. Also you fees i'm sure will also reflect this. If this lady is not happy she needs to find a nanny, but in doing this she will probably be paying double the price!
    Good luck with the new mindee and please STOP feeling guilty

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

as above, please do not feel guilty. get mum enthusiastic about it by saying it will be lovely for her little one to have company, she will learn so much from watching the older child play, etc, etc. I've had 2 babies here today and they did not stop cuddling and kissing and waving and saying 'hiya' to each other.

Sell her the benefits if she's not keen though, tough luck it's your job to mind children not nanny her child
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Two small people for the day? How lovely, someone for the little girl to play with - I always think it gets a bit lonely when we only mind one child. Children like to have company! I hope mum will come to realise this x

July 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the other posters here. Please don't feel guilty, you are running a business.
    If she wants 1:1, a nanny would be better

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

If she kicks up a fuss and your happy to do it, say you will have her child only for double fees. I'm sure she will either jump at the chance or realise she can't afford one on one care

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for your replies.............I feel much better now and less guilty!