need some inspiration
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default need some inspiration

I've made the decision to just use the lounge and kitchen for cm'ing and to stop using my own children's bedroom as a playroom for the mindees.
    But my lounge looks a bit bare so I need some things to brighten it up a bit for when I'm working that I can remove and store away at the end of the day.
    So thinking things like rugs, cushions that might make it feel a bit more child friendly if anyone's got any ideas what I can buy?

I also need some craft storage that I can keep in my lounge. In my kitchen I've got the plastic drawers but want something that will look nice enough to stay permanently in the lounge.

Registered Childminder since
    apr1995
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought some wooden storage benches/boxes and painted them, also have a traditional dresser full and 2 stools with removable lids in red full of toys and an ikea in bright green stack of trays, oh and an under the stairs cupboard full too - phew
    x Mabes x

Post Thanks / Like

thanks. I've got loads of storage space in the kids room that i use for the cm'ing bits but want to have some pretty accessories to brighten up the living room that I can then put away in the wardrobe at the end of the day so I don't feel like I'm living in a nursery int he evenings.
    My lounge is just really plain and doesn't look very inviting for the kids in the mornings even with all the toys out.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would get a really colourful rug - keep your floor clean too and makes an area to sit and play on. Or get a good size and quality car mat which they can play on too. Mine is the size of a large rug and is really hard wearing but I roll it up at the end of play. Beanbags/cushions too
    Happy to be back with the Greenies