Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Comment Book

Registered Childminder since
    Sep 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Comment Book

Need some advice please - I have my unnannounced inspection due any day now and have heard that a Childminder in my area was asked where her comments book was! She was advised to get one and let parents make comments on her service. I do daily diaries for each child and have tried to encourage parents to use them as a two-way communication but they dont - too busy just like the rest of us I suppose. I already do parent questionnaires and worry that I am bombarding the parents with yet more paperwork. Do you think I need to get a comments book and if so how often should I make it available for parents to take home and .... comment?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Comment Book

- Buy a cheap plastic covered file or display book

- Make a heading and print it out ... 'Comments Book' with some nice clipart -

http://dir.coolclips.com/People/Chil...hildren_8.html

- Add the questionnaires you have already done

- Put any other notes from parents inside

Job done!

Sep 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh thankyou that sounds a great idea! Would you send the comment book home so parents could fill it in?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No! It would get lost or not come back ...

I'd just keep it on the shelf in case parents want to make a comment and mention it was there in my newsletter...

In England we have to have a 'Compliments and Complaints' book - I imagine it's something similar.

Parents won't have time to do it (which is why it's best kept simple and cheap) and like you say you are sending home questionaires... but at least you are ticking another box for the visit!

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I put all the Thank you, Christmas and Birthday Cards in the complements side as well. When the children write you little "i love you notes" they go in as well.

As for the dairies ask your parents to write a few notes to you in them as you have an inspection comming up, im sure they wont mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to say good luck with your inspection

miffy xx

Sep 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou everyone! I have an evidence folder with xmas, birthday, thanku cards etc. as advised by the C.C. Have tried really hard to get parents to write notes in diaries but to no avail! I know the parents are all happy with the service I provide but it would be nice for them to just make the odd written comment in the diary now and again, but I cant force them.

Thankyou anyway - your advice is greatly appreciated. Monday tomorrow - where does the weekend go?

xx

Sep 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Its quite scary as we dont now know when our inspections are. Before we always got maybe a day or two notice which was great but now they could turn up at anytime. Have got nothing to hide but I am never in when the weather is nice so goodness knows when they will ever get me in! When the sun is out we can be found at the nearby park for the whole day with other Childminders. We also attend morning activities - storytime at the library, toddlers etc. and I am certainly not staying in as the children look forward to meeting up with other mindees. I do wonder if the C.C will phone in advance - even if its just the day before?