need help please
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    ap11
    Post Thanks / Like

Question need help please

hello im a regitered childminder for up to 7 months but i didn't start working yet . how do they know whether im working or not? what to do with tax do i have to register online? do they will send me forms to fill about taxes when i will start working.please help thx in advance

Registered Childminder since
    Jun-11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Emna,

If you have not had any job for that period then do notify the HMRC helpline when you begin to work. It may affect any benefits you currently receive, they will ask you to estimate your income if possible.

You can register for tax self assessment online. The following link is main page on the website for navigating to other useful areas: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/sa/index.htm

Alternatively, ask for an appointment at your local job centre, who should be able to show you the paper versions and processes.

Hope this helps and good luck with getting started!

Dana
    Last edited by danasdaycare; 11-09-2011 at 08:47 PM. Reason: typos