Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: qualifications

Registered Childminder since
    apr1995
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default qualifications

I have been minding 15 years and many years ago did my ICP and DCP, I think it may have come under the cache heading. as I have more time I thought I would like to do my level 3 in childcare, now my own children have grown up, i thought I may move into a nursery setting - years ago local college ran the courses in the evening - but this does not seem to happen now?
    how do you all do your further training/qualification ?
    have you taken the level 3 via on line courses ? I feel I have lots of experience but would like to back this up with a higher qualification?
    any advice for other similar to me would be welcome
    thanks
    x Mabes x

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the old qual route was ICP, DCP and ECP, at the end of which i think you got a level 3 equivalent qual, so if you stopped at DCP then i think that is the equivalent of a level 2. i would check this with the NCMA though. regardless, if you're thinking of going into a nursery setting then you will probably be better off doing the NVQ level 3 Certificate of Professional Development in Work with Children and Young People as it's generic to any childcare/nursery/school setting, whereas ICP,DCP and ECP is for childminding only.

hope this helps,x

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I looked up nvq providers (now diploma) for my area on the Internet and rang round to see who would best suit my needs. I wanted to do the whole thing from home and not attend college.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I looked up nvq providers (now diploma) for my area on the Internet and rang round to see who would best suit my needs. I wanted to do the whole thing from home and not attend college.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I did my CCP through the local NCMA office many moons ago.

This year I finished my NVQ L3 CCLD through the local Family Information Service and it was paid for by the council . Might be worth speaking to the FIS to see if they are funding any courses in your area.

Good luck

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i did my nvq3 with YMCA, it was fully funded by local council i think, great company to deal with and i did it all from home...good luck