Does each mindee need their own potty or can they share?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Does each mindee need their own potty or can they share?

I am about to start potty training my 2 year old mindee in a couple of weeks. My own toddler has her own potty in the bathroom. I'm not keen on others using her potty but on the other hand my bathroom isn't huge and I don't want it cluttered with potties (other mindees will start soon too). Just wondered what you all do...

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I tend to have a potty per child. I am potty training 2 at the moment & they each have their own.

I don't think it's a requirement though. They'll have to share the toilet at some time & that's not much different. Just make sure the potty is kept clean at all times & cleaned between uses

Post Thanks / Like

I've only ever used 1 potty and use an anti bac wipe on it after every use.

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I am about to start potty training my 2 year old mindee in a couple of weeks. My own toddler has her own potty in the bathroom. I'm not keen on others using her potty but on the other hand my bathroom isn't huge and I don't want it cluttered with potties (other mindees will start soon too). Just wondered what you all do...
    don't use potties, end of

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default afterthought

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    don't use potties, end of. disgusting things

Penny1959 Guest

I use 1 per child - as you can bet they will want to go at same time!

Penny

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! It's interesting to read all the different approaches. Hopefully I won't have many wet patches (or worse!) around my house during the next few weeks! xx

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont use potties either, straight onto the toilet here

Post Thanks / Like

I have one for each child when potty training more than one!! I tend to buy the ones that stack inside each other so I don't have to find storage for loads!!

Would love to use the toilet as I particularly hate poo's in the potty , but its difficult when you have other children to keep popping out to take lo to use the toilet, especially when you have one that asks every 10 mins but doesnt actually go very often!!!

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately I don't have a downstairs toilet and it is a big hike, 2 stair gates and a very desperate child so I use a potty, antibac'd each use. I have only been using one as I only had one training (she was also terrified of the toilet!) but another LO decided to train herself recently and started using the potty taking Mum by surprise as she had no knickers! But they were suddenly both desperate for a wee. older one got quite damp knickers as other got their first so I now have to find my other and have a pair .

Once they have the control to hold till we get upstairs then the potty goes.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't use potties they go straight on the toilet here to.