Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Enquiry for Sept next year

Have had an email from the friend of an existing mindee asking if I have a vacancy for next year September .

In all honesty I really don't know. I want to ask her to contact me again next year, but how soon before she needs care .... 3 months ?

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :)
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had this it's hard! I would keep her details and get back to her if a space becomes available but also ask her to contact you as you say 3 or 4 months before she needs you. KEEN customers are always nice!

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep - I'd explain you can't keep a space open but when one comes available she has the priority as she will be top of your waiting list (unless you already have someone on it) If one comes available in march she may not want it but if one becomes available in July she may decide to take it so as not to miss out on the september space. There's no point you booking a space for then as neither you nor her know what your circumstances will be!

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had a few enquiries like this. One of the mums was only 5 months pregnant

I ask them to come and visit but explain that the absolute earliest I coud sign a contract is about 3-4 months before.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomie View Post

In all honesty I really don't know. I want to ask her to contact me again next year, but how soon before she needs care .... 3 months ?
    That sounds reasonable to me.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi ive had an enquiry for next sept mum was barely pregnant asked her to contact me when she had had the baby, but i have 2 places sept as ive 2 lo going to school so maybe a bit different, tell her to contact you at easter but mean time take a contact number who knows what september brings