Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you have a business name?

Hi I was wondering how many of you had a business name? I have a business name in mind as it would link to my logo which is quite recognisable and on all my signage and so on.
    I thought it might be a good way of standing out rather than just being a name.
    I was wondering as well whether you had to notify Ofsted to the change? I would still be me the person who is registered but I would be advertising as something else so I wondered if my registration certificate would need my name and then a 'known as...' or 'trading as...'

BuggsieMoo Guest

Hi
    I use a business name - namely Lisa's Ladybirds and all my paperwork, business cards and advertising is done under that. However with Ofsted it is still by my name. You don't need to be registered as a business name with Ofsted as it is you who is registered. Hope that makes sense.
    Lisa x

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Lisa - so I can just start calling myself something different? Thats good !!
    do you think it makes you more recognisable to prospective parents and that you stand out?

BuggsieMoo Guest

Yes to be honest I do. I have bags, pens and workwear with my name and logo on. I use the bag and workwear to do school runs etc so I stand out as being a childminder. x

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am Tiny Hands Childminding. I have it all on my paperwork buisness cards etc, have been thinking for a while whether to get a T-Shirt printed for school runs. Does it generate any buisness for you (at the moment I dont have any school runs so going to pick my LO would be ideal with a T-Shirt on.

c x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I shall be running under a business name, with logo, uniform etc. I think it looks more professional if you have a brand and like Lisa says it helps you stand out. I will also me registering the name in order to keep it unique to me.
    By being true to myself I live life to the full

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hazzaeddieandme View Post
    I am Tiny Hands Childminding. I have it all on my paperwork buisness cards etc, have been thinking for a while whether to get a T-Shirt printed for school runs. Does it generate any buisness for you (at the moment I dont have any school runs so going to pick my LO would be ideal with a T-Shirt on.

c x
    Can't answer that one about generating business for childminding but when I had my cleaning business until this year we wore polo shirts with the name on and i was amazed by the work we got from people asking for cards when I popped into the supermarket etc.

So I will definately be doing the same when I start childminding. I will also have the website displayed on my car as this is a great form of free advertising (after the initial cost)

BuggsieMoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BabySignTalk View Post
    I shall be running under a business name, with logo, uniform etc. I think it looks more professional if you have a brand and like Lisa says it helps you stand out. I will also me registering the name in order to keep it unique to me.
    How do you register a name so it is unique to you. I did speak to companies house but they were no use x

BuggsieMoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hazzaeddieandme View Post

c x
    Yes it does. I have given out plenty of business cards and had plenty of enquiries. x

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am 'Stay & Play Childcare', my logo is four Jigsaw pieces. I use this on my paperwork and my business cards.
    Toothfairy

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

were do you all get your 'uniforms' from?

x

BuggsieMoo Guest

I got mine from Vistaprint x

July 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We are called Tam's Tribe and I really feel it helps give the children an identity within the setting plus instead of calling each children by name when it is time to go, or dinner time, mainly when out and about . . . I just call Tam's Tribe and they all come running to me . . . very useful when you have 8 children . . . and for safety while walking, etc as we can react quickly as I will just say Tam's Tribe Stop or Walk.

Even my 2 and 3 year olds understand and have a sense of belonging . . . like at soft play areas I will say to them, call all the children for lunch and they will shout 'Tam's Tribe Lunch' . . . it is very cute.

Definately useful for paperwork and merchanise especially if you are gonna sticker up your car, or wear work clothing! Reminds you that you ARE running your own business!

It is also about building a brand!! . . . I realised that when I heard a child in school after care say to his friend "I wish I was in Tam's Tribe" . . . bless him, he broke my heart!!!

Everyone is in the Tam's Tribe family and we all help and look after each other.

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm Rain or Shine childminding, I have also got tops, bags, pens and other business bits from Vistaprint x
    Jo -Rain or Shine CM

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LMHALL View Post
    How do you register a name so it is unique to you. I did speak to companies house but they were no use x
    With the National Business Register http://www.start.biz/home.htm

may 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My business name is Second-2-Mum! My hubby designed my logo after I'd come up with the name. He did my web-site too, he's good for something!!!!

Lynn x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by green4lynn View Post
    My business name is Second-2-Mum! My hubby designed my logo after I'd come up with the name. He did my web-site too, he's good for something!!!!

Lynn x
    Great name!!!

BuggsieMoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BabySignTalk View Post
    With the National Business Register http://www.start.biz/home.htm
    Thank you x

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanna register mine but am not sure if others have the same name.
    Jo -Rain or Shine CM

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

how much does it cost to register your business name?
    Pixie Dust

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast