Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 5 year old

Registered Childminder since
    May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 5 year old

This is going to sound really silly, but what do I need to do with a 5 year old? lol
    I have only looked after under 3's before and I have a 5 year old starting soon. He's coming for a couple of mornings a week during the holidays, and then a couple of days a week before and after school. With me not having him for long at a time, do I still have to do observations etc and planned activities?

June 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Is he 5 already and going to year 1 in September? If that's the case I wouldn't bother with anything .... as from September he will be KS1 (Key Stage 1) not EYFS anymore.

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes he turned 5 last month so I presume he will be going into year 1. So do we not have to do obs etc when they turn 5? sorry for sounding stupid, just having one of those days! lol

June 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

In theory you should do obs and planning until August 31st after his 5th birthday ... so until the end of next month. But since he's new at yours and there is so little time left there is hardly any point starting now ... but if it makes you feel better you can