Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Really cross with a new childminder

She lives not far from me and I have been welcoming and chatted etc etc. Just noticed she looked me up on childcare.co.uk and she is copied chunks of my website onto her profile. It makes us both look unprofessional and means I've got to redo hours of work to be different. Shes even copied my unique (to where I live) offer of 4 weeks fee free holiday for parents. Fuming doesn't come close. Have sent her a message asking her to edit. If I see her at drop in tomorrow I won't be pleased.

sept 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats not good - very cheeky - I don't think I would have the nerve to copy or to approach her. Shocking .....
    CWR

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This would make me angry too, but look at it this way, she is obviously not as good as you as she needs to copy your work as she is not capable of writing her own profile.

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I would be sending her a 'cease and desist' letter, stating copyright infringement on the text your website.

You might not be able to do much about keeping your special offer unique, but you shouldn't have to rewrite your website because she is incapable of coming up with her own material. You wrote it, it's your intellectual property and you have the right of ownership over it.

sept 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Jiorjinna - I have just checked out you website .. very impressive - I promise i won't copy. I loved it !!!!
    CWR

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i would have to approach her too. Tell her how upset you are and tell her you would have helped if she'd asked.

I agree tell her she is infringing copyright and tell her to take her details down and redo them - NOT you spending hours redoing your.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely you need to report her to Childcare uk as well.

Nov 11
    Post Thanks / Like

thats really bad... what a cheeky mooo! im in the process of doing all my profile, but i sure as hell wont be copying anyone elses, at the end of the day its my personal profile on my personal buisiness... copyright infringement defo an agree with other girls that you shouldnt have to redo all your hard work xx
    Mand xx

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boxtree7 View Post
    Jiorjinna - I have just checked out you website .. very impressive - I promise i won't copy. I loved it !!!!
    Thanks!

TheBTeam Guest

I have had two people do a similar thing to that, one on childcare.co.uk and one from my website.

The one from my website did a lot of sucking up in the name of friendliness, and then stabbed me in the back by trying to ruin my business because it was successful with my husband and yet ofsted wouldnt increase her numbers when working with her husband so it wasnt worth while for them, so she tried to sabotage mine, she did a few things the least of which was trying to poach children!

Dont you just love people that cant manage to do it on their own but instead of asking for help (which i had given loads of), she chose to try and bring me down, she nearly succeeded cos it did my head in for a while, but the best form of revenge is not to let them win!