Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Recording arrival and departure times

I tried to print a copy of my attendance register this morning to find my printer has run out of ink! So I have no registers!
    Is it okay for me to record the times that the children arrive and leave in my dairy instead?
    At the moment I ask parents to sign the register at the bottom of each page (they are MM ones) but i'm always forgetting and they end up having to do several pages in one go! They don't even read it, just sign.....so I might give up on asking them to sign maybe?!

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I just write in my diary and Mrs O was happy with it.

oct 96
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a monthly form.I record times in my diary every day & then transfer them to my register at the end of the week. I then ask the parents to sign at the end of the month. They dont really read the forms however i known that i am safegurading myself against any problem in the furture as regards who was here & at what time. This way I know that if there was any cause for concern ie accident or incident I would have evidence of the child either in or not in my care if you get my drift.

Cupcake22

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Very good point cupcake- how is your monthly form set out? Monthly sounds much better than weekly, that way the parents just sign once a month and it saves paper! Maybe i'll try making one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snufflepuff View Post
    Monthly sounds much better than weekly, that way the parents just sign once a month and it saves paper! Maybe i'll try making one.
    If you're doing individual sheets for each child then monthly is a good idea.

I do mine weekly but it has all the children's names on it - I don't get parents to sign it either

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Oct 10
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I brought a diary from the £ shop and this is my register. Mrs O said it was a good idea as the whole year is neatly recorded in one hard back book, Its a4 size with one week per double page

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caz3007 View Post
    I just write in my diary and Mrs O was happy with it.
    Same here!

oct 96
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snufflepuff View Post
    Very good point cupcake- how is your monthly form set out? Monthly sounds much better than weekly, that way the parents just sign once a month and it saves paper! Maybe i'll try making one.
    I did mine on Microsoft Wordows by using the table for colums & rows. I put the week commencing along the top & days of the weeks down the side. Then I have rows at the bottom for total hours for the week, parents signature & my signature. I hope I have explained it clearly. I have used this system for years & it very sraight forward. This way I only have to get it signed on the 1st working day of the new month

Cupcake22

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the NCMA ones