Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help in understanding a letter from CRB

Hi guys,

My hubby recieved a letter today from criminal records bureau which i dont understand can anyone help.

The letter goes as follows:

The criminal records bureau has recieved your Disclosure application form Ref No://///// for the position of CHILDMINDERS HUSBAND.

Unfortunately, the Countersignatory of OFSTED EARLY YEARS, is not entitled to countersign this form. As a result, the CRB cannot process this application.

Please pass a copy of this letter to the person who asked you to complete the form, as they will supply you with a new form that should be completed and then countersigned by an approprite person.

Now i had an ofsted inspector over 2 weeks ago and went through this form she took all information from hubbys ID. Is it me or is this letter saying that an ofsted inspector cannot countersign a disclosure form.
    I'm a bit lost on this one

Love Lisa
    xx xx xx

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need help in understanding a letter from CRB

It's saying the person who signed it is not entitled to. So although a ofsted inspector can countersign it the person who did your husbands is not allowed to. Just ring ofsted tomorrow and see what they say.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i think they've quite possibly got themselves confused... Ofsted will be able to sort it but it might slow you down a bit I'm afraid

08456 404040

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnev707 View Post
    i think they've quite possibly got themselves confused... Ofsted will be able to sort it but it might slow you down a bit I'm afraid

08456 404040
    haha i was going to put the ofsted number on the end of my thread but then thought of you and decided not too

Jul 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the inspector has actually signed it as "OFSTED EARLY YEARS" and not put her signature in the space as well?
    Marie xxx