Thread: maths week

Registered Childminder since
    July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default maths week

Evening all

This is more to do with my own DS rather than minding, but I wasn't sure where to post, but I wanted to pick your brains.

It's maths week at my son's school on 20th June and they've been asked to create a maths game for homework. He's only 4, so it's got to be something quite simple and easy to understand. He has to take it into school and teach the game to a child in a different class

Any ideas all you brain boxes???

Ta

Hels xx

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what level hes at but my 4 year old would enjoy
    Anything to do with clocks etc. a what is the time kind of game or match the time to the activity picture...
    Any board game at all involves maths as they are counting on .
    Something like beetle where they are using numbers from the dice , and building a pattern.
    Somesort of scavnger hunt game with mathematical descriptive words such as a long ruler , an empty box , etc..
    Anything to do with symetrical shapes ..draw half and they have to draw the other half?

Have you got the interlocking number mats? We regularly play with those and 2 beanbags then he adds up or takes away the numbers the bags have landed on...

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

how about simply throw the dice and do an action (say starjumps) the number of times it says on the dice.

OR

a group of say 6 children all with a dice. They all throw at the same time, the lowest number is out each time until you have a winner (would be a nice quick game).
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got