Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Time to make a decision - NCMA vs MM

In the next few days I will have to make a decision on which insurance, memberships paper work etc

Looking at MM and its £126 for 12 months insurance, essential paper work (inc folders) + a fire blanket. Free membership and debt recovery in insurance
    year cost of £42+additional paperwork as required.

NCMA is £63 membership + £23 Insurance for 12 months, Essential paperwork (inc folders) + fire blanket £72.40 = £158.50
    Year cost of £86 + additional paperwork

I'm getting the message the MM is better for insurance because of the debt recovery, and paperwork more understandable and no membership fee - so verging to MM

I just need to understand (I've read so much I can't see clearly now!) what are the benefits of joining NCMA as a member ?

Thank you in advance - Louise xx
    Nothing succeeds like a toothless budgie

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with mm found them really good you now get a monthly email too with craft ideas and news etc

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As a member of NCMA (registered charity and therefore non profit making)you are a member of a professional organising which works to promote childminding locally, regionally and nationally and lobbies government on matters affecting us. MM is a profit making company.

Cx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you considered mm for insurance and ncma for membership so that you support ncma whilst they support you?
    Debbie

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am a member of the NCMA and use their paperwork - very easy to understand and use I think - but my PLI is with MM.

The NCMA work to ensure that childminders are represented at a national level. They have lobbied for OFSTED fees to remain low for childminders amongst other things.

Locally they offer training and fun days in my area free of charge

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louise317 View Post
    In the next few days I will have to make a decision on which insurance, memberships paper work etc

Looking at MM and its £126 for 12 months insurance, essential paper work (inc folders) + a fire blanket. Free membership and debt recovery in insurance
    year cost of £42+additional paperwork as required.

NCMA is £63 membership + £23 Insurance for 12 months, Essential paperwork (inc folders) + fire blanket £72.40 = £158.50
    Year cost of £86 + additional paperwork

I'm getting the message the MM is better for insurance because of the debt recovery, and paperwork more understandable and no membership fee - so verging to MM

I just need to understand (I've read so much I can't see clearly now!) what are the benefits of joining NCMA as a member ?

Thank you in advance - Louise xx
    Its not a question of Free Membership. MM are just an Insurance Broker and there is nothing to be a member of.

The National Childminding Association (NCMA) is a Professional body who represent Childminders Interests at all levels.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When you buy MM insurance you become a member of their childminder club -

http://www.*****************/ChildMinder/

You can see the benefits on the right hand side of the page.

They include Eyfs training guides, discounts, Creative Minds digital magazine etc.

Hth

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I use MM for PLI as there had been issues with NCMA not chasing parents for non-payment.
    I am a member of the NCMA though - don't confuse membership with insurance - it's separate.
    Tracey x

may 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I used NCMA until last year, then decide to try MM as they were much cheaper and I hadn't used any NCMA features other than ordering paperwork. MM offer what I need, are helpful and their childcare club has a lot of good features.

Good luck making your choice.

Lynn x

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all.

I've decided to go with MM for insurance and paper work for this year and see how we get on. Next month I will join NCMA as a Member (once I got some spare pennies)

Louise x
    Nothing succeeds like a toothless budgie