Level 3 qualification
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    BuggsieMoo Guest

Default Level 3 qualification

Hi All
    Ive just signed up to do my level 3 qualification at a bargain price of £234 (Instead of £1200 as we still have funding until July) and was wondering if anyone can recommend any books (and hopefully authors) they found useful whilst undertaking this qualification?
    I presume as this is training to further my career I can also put this in as an expense?
    Thanks everyone!
    Lisa x

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just started level 3 and have "Children & Young People's Workforce Early Learning & Childcare Level3 Diploma" by Penny Tassoni (and others) published by Heinemann. Seems to be what I need.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I used Children's Care, Learning & Development by Penny Tassoni, Kath Bulman and Kate Beith. Would highly recommend it.

Good luck

Hels xx

Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you doing the Level 3 Cypop 5 unit or the whole level 3? For the Homebased unit I bought 'Homebased childcare' for childminders and nannies by Sheila Riddal-Leech and also the Penny Tassoni EYFS book. Both were very useful x

BuggsieMoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca4573 View Post
    Are you doing the Level 3 Cypop 5 unit or the whole level 3? For the Homebased unit I bought 'Homebased childcare' for childminders and nannies by Sheila Riddal-Leech and also the Penny Tassoni EYFS book. Both were very useful x
    Hi
    Im doing the whole unit :-/ I did my ICP years ago when I registered before and although I have done lots of training since, Ive not been able to fund or give my time to the Level 3.

However, Hubby is now off to sandy shores with the Army so I have gathered that now is a great time to do it as it will help me pass the time until he comes home again.

Thank you, I will look on amazon, ebay etc for these books!

Thanks all

Lisa x

BuggsieMoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Dempster View Post
    I used Children's Care, Learning & Development by Penny Tassoni, Kath Bulman and Kate Beith. Would highly recommend it.

Good luck
    Thanks Hels! Think I'm going to need it. I was recommended to do the qualification by my EYT as I already do so much that the accredited childminders do but I was missing this qualification - better late than never x

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jelly15 View Post
    I have just started level 3 and have "Children & Young People's Workforce Early Learning & Childcare Level3 Diploma" by Penny Tassoni (and others) published by Heinemann. Seems to be what I need.
    Me too