Enviromental Health Inspection
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    md0u0131 Guest

Default Enviromental Health Inspection

A guy from the council called - he's coming to chat to me tomorrow about food health and safety.

Has anyone had anything similar - apparently our council like to visit all new childminders to talk through things - but it sounds a but inspectory to me.

I've been through the Safer food better business book, filled it in, have got a food hygiene level 2 certificate, is there anything else they will want to see?

My kitchen is clean, I have thermometers in the fridge and freezer which are recorded daily, separate cloths, separate chopping boards for raw meat, my degree was microbiology - so why am I worrying about it???????

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you are fully prepared. Relax and youll be fine. Good Luck.

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

You have nothing at all to worry about.... like Ofsted Inspecters they are all different but you sound as if you are up on everything

I had my visit last year, he said he was coming for a chat and to tell me what I needed to put in place, he was surprised and delighted that everything he mentioned was already in place...as yours seem to be

In our area they work on a star system and he awarded me top marks....5 stars

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds as though you have everything in hand.

Good luck

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good to me....mine was here 10mins if that. He said I needed a fridge thermometer which I bought and that was that.
    As long as you are aware of hygiene and everything (which it sounds like you are) then it will be fine

Becky x

md0u0131 Guest

It was fine, he basically wanted to bring me a Safer food better business book - so he was dead impressed I'd already got one from the web and filled it all in!

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by md0u0131 View Post
    It was fine, he basically wanted to bring me a Safer food better business book - so he was dead impressed I'd already got one from the web and filled it all in!
    Well done

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by md0u0131 View Post
    Glad it went OK

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!