Reason for mindee's behaviour?????
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    VINASOL Guest

Default Reason for mindee's behaviour?????

Was chatting to mindee today about her afternoon/evening after pre-school....now I know mindee has a tendency to lie a lot so I am reserving judgement, however she said that she had been playing 'cats and dogs'....and I said "oh, that sounds like fun; who were you - the cat or the dog?", she replied 'both'.

"Oh" I said..."so you played it on your own then?"...'Yes...no-one (i.e. mum/brother) wanted to play with me so I played by myself.

Speaks volumes to me and I actually felt sorry for the girl (i.e. thinking her bad behaviour is that she hasn't properly learnt social skills and often plays on her own??). Am wondering whether I should cut her a break and tell mum that I will have her for first few weeks of school (starts Reception) to allow her to settle in....

..what do you think?

Pipsqueak Guest

aww bless her.
    some kids are great playing on their own and actually prefer it but awwwww

Registered Childminder since
    May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm It sounds quite sad when you say it like that but there are lots of times I say to my chidren (own and mindees) that I can't play with them and they have to go off and play by themselves. Surely that's normal?

Registered Childminder since
    ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
    Hmm It sounds quite sad when you say it like that but there are lots of times I say to my chidren (own and mindees) that I can't play with them and they have to go off and play by themselves. Surely that's normal?
    i thought that too

every day i have to say not now at some point (usually with my own kids) they cant have our attention all the time & this also helps them learn to use there immagination & gain a little independant/sole play (i will say that to myself next time i tell my teenager to 'do one' your getting under my feet )
    What a crock!!!