Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting confused! Quick question.

I am a newly registered child minder.

At the moment I can only have one under 5 as two children of my own.

Just had a crazy thought - I can still look after a couple of my friend's children the same ages as mine (so 4 under 5s) if my friend pops to the shop or parents eve or something can't I?

I'm even confusing myself , sorry!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as its not when you are working you could have a housefull! During times when mindees are present youre restricted to numbers , but the rest of the time you can still have birthday parties and playdates and do favours just as you always have. x

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! That of course makes perfect sense but I'm so wrapped up in Ofsted and childminding requirements at the moment that when my friend asked me to watch her two while she was at the doctors that I hesistated and looked slightly insane when I said I was worried about numbers!

jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

It does get very confusing at times but if your working and have mindees present you still have to work to the numbers stated on your registration certificate from ofsted.

It gets difficult when your children get older and want their friend to come for tea and your stood in the school yard explaining that you cant as your only allowed to have a certain number of children and the kids dont understand So when I have a mindee on holiday or off sick then I have a one of my daughters friends over for tea so don't even get a rest but it keeps her happy and earns me some brownie points with her

I'm sure that after a few months working then you'll get to grips with everything and don't forget there's always someone on here who will know the answer and will help.

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I have to say that this does seem the best place for quick answers and the least complicated answers!

Its my first day of minding and its gone really well but I'm completely overwhelmed by paperwork, even though I used to be a teacher and thought it couldn't be that bad!