Those 4.5 turning 5 before 31st Aug
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Those 4.5 turning 5 before 31st Aug

Thursday I am looking after a 3mth old, my DD - 2 and a 3.5yr old. Mum of 3 mth old rang and asked if I could have his big sis too 4.5 but turning 5 before 31st Aug and in full time education. Do I need a variation for this as when I read the conditions of my registration, it seems to me that this is OK. Is this correct or do I need to ring Ofsted / bring my assistant in.

This is supposed to be our week off! I am happy for the distraction however my assistant may really wish to have her days off!

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

provided your cert says 2 under 5's and has the rising 5's clause in it, sounds like it will be okay ????

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I am allowed 2 under 5's and my daughter (my three children under 5 in total). Reg says something about classing a 4.5 yr old in full time education that is turning 5 before 31st Aug as a 5 year old. Is that the rising 5 clause?

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This is supposed to be our week off! I am happy for the distraction however my assistant may really wish to have her days off!

Can I ask why are you working if it's your week off?
    Pixie Dust

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    Can I ask why are you working if it's your week off?
    Sure! One child is new business - after I had booked week off with all other parents. These parents needed holiday care. The baby is a sibling of a girl I used to care for before mum's maternity leave. She went back to work this week. I could have got around it all but my DH is away (for months) and after having Sat, Sun and Mon to myself, I know I made the right decision to still work these three days. I need the distraction.

It's nice to be a lot less busy though! Plus there's lots of Bank holidays for time off too.

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

You know how you always bypass the stickies after a while. Well I had heard of rising fives somehow and wondered where. Now I know why. I just saw the sticky on rising fives. I'll be fine. You don't even have to have the clause added to your certificate, although mine does.

Cheers.