Which celebrations/festivals/awareness days do you cover?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Which celebrations/festivals/awareness days do you cover?

Hi,

There are so many to choose from, could somebody please give me an idea of the best ones to cover.

Thanks
    Emma

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I look for ones that the children are most likely to come across or understand such as chinese new year. A lot of the children go to a church school so I cover all the christian celebrations. After that its what I can do to incorporate the holiday that can be simplified and I can find something about. There is no point covering a holiday and the children asking me questions that I simply can't answer.
    Paula

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i do different ones each year. depending on children's interests, background and what tickles my fancy. this year all my littlies loved the zumba song I'd been using with them, which is very carnivally (is that a word ) so we decided to celebrate mardi gras which I've never done before.

I'd say go with a variety every year and change it as you/the children feel like.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I found this website www.projectbritain.com it had loads of information on it. It has a calender of all the traditions/awareness days/months for the year... that way you can take what ever the children have an interest in. Lots of other info on it to...
    Nothing succeeds like a toothless budgie