How do I write this up?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    onceinabluemoon Guest

Default How do I write this up?

Hi

Had an 8 month old baby in today who was fine all morning, although slept 3 times longer than normal... When he woke up he was grizzly/crying/screaming which is so unlike him. I barely ever hear him cry, he's such a placid little thing

At lunch time he was a bit grizzly and had red cheeks so instead of his hot dinner I gave him a couple of cold yoghurts to soothe his gums (he's had them before so that shouldn't be a problem).

After lunch he was really tired again and went back to sleep and woke up screaming. I held him and cuddled him and he went rigid and then started thrashing about, bringing his knees up in pain. I cuddled him and he went back to sleep and then the same thing again and again. After a half an hour or so (please understand that each time he went back to sleep I thought he was ok) I called mum to ask when he last had a dirty nappy as he seemed to be in abdominal pain. Whilst on the phone he went again (almost like having spasms) so I asked her to come and collect him and take him to the doctor. She came right away and collected him and said she's going to try and get him an appointment with the doc.

Anyway, I'm worried sick about the poor little lamb but also know I have paperwork to get done and need to ask how I write this up. Its not an accident or an incident but obviously needs some sort of write up as I sent mum to the doc. Do I need to write something up and get mum to sign it or just write it in my diary?

So... what should I do, I've never had anything like this before.

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would write up on an incident form and keep in the childs file

Hope they feel better soon
    x

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally would write it in my diary as, like you said, it's neither accident nor incident, with a note on what the doc said? Just for your peace of mind.

Poor little mite, I hope he did get his appointment, it sounds really painful
    Familiarity breeds contempt - and children Mark Twain

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

Bless the wee mite, hope he's ok. I have a small jotter for each child where I write down things that I just want to keep a note of or keep an eye on, tha parents get to see these along with the learning journals.
    Ali xx

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor little guy, hope that he is ok. I would write it in diary and keep a copy in his file. Let us know what gp says - poor lil man xx

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

write it up, signed and dated and keep copy in his file

onceinabluemoon Guest

Thanks guys!

Little one has a nasty ear infection and is now on meds from the doc. Apparently it was also somehow affecting his little tummy (possibly a reaction to the pain as he didn't know what to do with himself, poor little mite.)

Thanks for your help, good to know I can always rely on your guys x