Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default minimum before/after school care ?

hiya everyone,just wonderd if most of you have a minimum time that you would have a mindy before school and after. at the moment my parent only wants an hour each way and its not paying , i have to take them in my car every day and thats costing a furtune .
    thanks xx

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I changed mine to session rates after experiencing the same problem. I now charge £12 3-6pm inc dinner. Take it or leave it..... They took it!

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge a flat fee of £10 for my schoolies (£5 before & £5 after) that way it kind of makes it worthwhile, some of them aren't droped off until 8.15, I leave for school at 8.20.

May not be as financially sound if I had a 7.30am - 6pm one tho, thankfully none of my parents are that organised!!!

july10
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I charge for 2 hours minimum after school and 1 hour min in a morning also my before afterschool rate is higher than my normal day time rate.

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge a min of £20 per week and I have had parents who didn't like this, they have ummed and arhhed it, say if they want me for just 2 mornings a week for a few hours, it's as if they want me to work for pitance!
    So I have decided to look into what else I can charge, I think I will start asking a minimum of £10 per day for before and after schoolies. and a min of 2 hours pay if it's just one way.

jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge a minimum of 2 hrs before school and 2 hrs after school (£6 each am + £6 each pm) and havent had any problems getting before or after schoolies as I have 4 of them even though there seems to be an abundance of us at my school and theres even another cm in my street but I dont think she charges like I do?

Like you say you have to make it worth your while and if your using your car to go to and from school I'd even think about charging a slightly higher rate for before/after school parents as the cost of petrol is getting rediculously expensive.