Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default parent wanting less hours

hi, i have a parent that only wants now 1hour before school and 1 hour after .shes changed her job and the hours have dropped alot but this is no good for me but dont want to terminate contract cause there good payers. can i say it needs to be a minimum of 2 hours for morning and same in the afternoon ?
    thanks xx

moogster1a Guest

you can try but if I was the parent I'd think you had a bit of a cheek! I presume they're at least a rising 5 if it's before / afer school? Therefore not affecting a full time place? Unfortunately these things happen and our incomes can drop!

jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always said I charge a minimum of 2 hours fees for before school and after school children and this has never been a problem for any of my parents.

However my before and after school children are full time in the holidays so their fees are averaged on a months basis and this helps them I think so it doesnt seem like their fees are quite as bad.

HTH

X

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I always feel you have to take the rough with the smooth. She could increase her hours later down the line. I always charge by the hour.

Pipsqueak Guest

of course you can say that - given the appropriate amount of notice

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

If you didnt have a minimum set amount of hours before she dropped her hours then i think she might be a little peeved by it but you can do what you like. I always charge 1 hour min before school and 2 hour min after school but have done so from the beginning. Good luck with whatever you decide hun.

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

always charge a minimum of 2 hours for after schools otherwise i could end up going for £4.50, so after the hour it takes me getting there, back, parking , waiting and the petrol i'd rather not bother!!

July 93
    Post Thanks / Like

I now do a minimum charge of £5 for mornings and £10 for after school after I did have to go to a school with one child for £4.00. Not fun when you have to bring 3 littlies out with you and maybe a double buggy

Go for it! Just give her some notice

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i wil do a min. 1 hour before and after school as I prefer to start late/finish early but if after schoolies are a big earner for you and you are loosing out I think to say that min. 2 hours session is fine. Or compromise at 3 hours per day???
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge per hour but base my charging by the amount of hours for instance over 20hrs I charge £3.25ph 20 hrs -10hrs £3.50 ph then 10 hrs or less £4.00 per hour many minders have a minimum charge but as her hours and pay has dropped she will be expecting her childcare cost to come down too. Its one of those thing unfortunatly

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

i charge a morning fee of £5 to take to school and a pick up fee of £10 could discount if only needed for 1hr i would charge for 5 days..£25 mornings +£15 for the wks picking up as a discount..