Thread: sitters

Registered Childminder since
    MAY 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Question sitters

hi

A while ago i registered on a site for sitters.com basically babysitting at night, parents would be checked and a min i would earn is 4 hours at mim wage, anyway, letter came and asked for details of parents i have had, ref, and a copy of my reg certificate! i wasnt sure they were a real company so i ignored the letter, well now they keep ringing and leaving messages. the problem is are they real? and if so is it worth it? and am i allowed to give details out and a copy of reg certifiacate? what do i do? what would you do?

has anyone heard of them before, cause i could really do with the money at the mo, with no having many mindees due to vc (another thread!)

any advice welcome

xx
    jen xx mum of two and one on the way,
    always on the go!!!!!

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: sitters

hi jen i registered with sitters about 3 years ago as we were desperate for money and i thought i'd be able to do lots of evening work to supplement the day time work

well i filled in all the applications had an interview with one of their sitters (who i knew anyway as she was a childminder too but then i think they all are)
    and received a job in lincoln about 22 miles away from home. i did the job got paid £25 but the petrol cost me about £ 17 i did call them the next day and say that i would only work this side of the trent and less than 15 miles away and have heard nothing since
    but seeing as you're already the right side of the trent maybe it would be ok for you
    they did seem to have a few familis in lincoln and not many sitters so over to you

Septemb
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jennie

I've been registered with them for about 8 years and do loads of work for them, although I am trying to do less and less!!

Great for earning extra money...

Good Luck
    Nix, x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They are a reputable company ... just like ajs says watch where they send you and don't go too far from home.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Jen

Hope you get some work soon

Angel xx

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm registered with them too and is great for boosting the old cash flow!(i've had generous tips too!)

I too was asked to attend an interview at an ex sitters house, it was then i had to provide my refs, copy of reg cert etc....

If you do register with them bear in mind that "local" aint always local I've heard of people being offered jobs 15 miles away! I've set myself a 7 mile radius to wear I live so that its worth my while going.

Good luck x
    x-x peggy x-x

Post Thanks / Like

Hope it works out for you

miffy xx

April06
    Post Thanks / Like

hope it works out
    Mandy