Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default double nightmare

Help... i have a phil and ted not that old.

I suffer with a bad back and find this difficult to lift up kerbs and actually not that lightweight to push.

I am thinking of selling but have to make a really sensible purchase.

I have had mountain buggys before and these push like a dream, I am all ready going to purchase either the mountain buggy single swift or urban for a single option but i am tempted to buy the double for school run and walks as i have the following on my books.

1 x 17 mth
    1 x 4 yrs
    1 x 3 yrs
    1 x 26 mths
    1 x 9 months
    1 x 9 months

i generally will have a 9 month and 26 mth or 17 mth with me so want to use a buggy board aswell.

any suggestions would be great or advice.

I know the MB have a v high price tag but i am thinking these r built to last and brill in snow i prefer to walk on school run so beleive i will get the wear out of it.

I didnt put my P&T on books as it was bought for my own kids so i intend to put the others thru books as mine have just grown out of prams.

advice needed its the back issue and wanting something easy to push .

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the mountain buggy duo & love it! It goes through my front door (just), which is standard size. The only negative is it has a large folded dimension & is a tad heavy to shift when folded - but if you have had them before you know what they're like! I just don't fold mine up to move it around! As you say it's fab in the snow, very light to push, v. hard wearing (I don't drive, so mine is used ALOT) & accomodates larger/older LO's easily (ie they don't look stuffed in)! & it holds a lot of weight The only other side by side that I love is the Urban Detour - it's lighter folded, but is smaller & not quite as hard wearing, but the price tag reflects this.

My MB Single is 10 years + & still going v. strong. MY UD is 5 years & this will be it's v. last year(but has had less use, but still well used IYSWIM)!!! My UD Double died after 3 years of a lot of use, but my MB duo is going strong (it looks & feels practically brand new) after 3 years.

HTH
    Blaze x

Post Thanks / Like

I have just bought a baby jogger city elite twin. Its not light when folded to pick up but it seems a dream to push ( been trying it out round the block and in the garden) It will fit through my front door cos I tried it! the elite version has more features and is more padded than the other baby joggers but I think I am gonna love it. xx hope you find something too.

Aug 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think tbh i am gonna wait and get the funds together and buy a brand new MB duo, as tbh they r a dream to push its gonna stay up in garage for school runs etc and i think i am gonna order a MB swift for the car as i did love my single urban jungle but i have heard the swift is 2 inches narrow and better for shops etc...

I know if i rush and get what i can afford at the moment i know i will regret it and then end up getting a MB further down the line.