Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default how to get rid of a rude granny ,,

one of my holiday only mindees gets picked up by gran ,, she uses the bus to come and go home on and because of the bus times always arrives early and when i tell child to get ready she then says,, no no we have time go and play and strolls past me with her shoes on through the house , then mindee plays up! I do tell him off but i alm getting fed up with both his behaviour and the fact that gran is so rude,, she dosent ask if i would mind her waiting she always says im not waiting in the cold we will just wait here!
    I am thinking that I can say to child ,, get your stuff on and then you can wait in the kitchen with gran as she cant come in the living room with her shoes but to be honest i dont want her here as she interferes with what ever i am doing and it gets on my nerves
    any ideas on how i can get rid of her as she arrives?

oct 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd tell her to take her shoes off for a start!!!

Bit of a cheek her expecting to stay lol, I would lie and say your insurance doesn't cover you for her staying or that Ofsted regulations require that all visitors who stay must be CRB checked.
    That should get rid of her ha ha ha ha

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

If you know what time she's gonna arrive, I would have the child ready for her.
    Then she can take Mindee home as soon as she arrives.

Good Luck

xx
    Needs to Zumba

feb 11
    Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like my mum lol.
    tell her to take her shoes off.

send the mindees mum a polite not explaining that the extra time mindee spent (even in the company of gran ) will be charged at xxx rate as mindee is still taking up a place in YOUR home.
    she will soon get the message

or don't open the door until the mindee is ready to go straight out the door

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ORKSIE View Post
    If you know what time she's gonna arrive, I would have the child ready for her.
    Then she can take Mindee home as soon as she arrives.

Good Luck

xx
    I agree - I think you will have to be blunt or as rude as she is!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Oct 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to talk to a parent who walked in with her shoes, and her 4 year old with his muddy boots, to my lounge and my bedroom to pick up lo who is often sleeping at pick up time. They now take their shoes off, although parent still at times forget. I am going to put a sign up too.

As for an interfering granny - ask Saija for advice, she handled her Grannygate brilliantly!

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...ght=grannygate

I hope you get this sorted!

xx

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I could have him ready to go but then she is always early cause of the bus times and even if he is still stood there ready she pushes her way in tells him to go and play,,,
    think i need to say'if you want to wait you can wait in my hall as ofsted regs have changed and you cant come in whilst i have other childre,, then just leave her to it! either that or shove him out the door and not even let her in

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mushpea View Post
    or shove him out the door and not even let her in
    Now there's a plan
    Needs to Zumba

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mushpea View Post
    I could have him ready to go but then she is always early cause of the bus times and even if he is still stood there ready she pushes her way in tells him to go and play,,,
    think i need to say'if you want to wait you can wait in my hall as ofsted regs have changed and you cant come in whilst i have other childre,, then just leave her to it! either that or shove him out the door and not even let her in
    That sounds good to me ha ha

I have parents that would do the same if I allowed it ...... they dont get past the door though

I hand their childs coat and bag to them while I block the door getting the childs shoes on

Be strong she is a cheeky so and so

Angel xx

june 08
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a very difficult situation and would drive me insane, I think I would have a word with the parents explain that it's unexceptable for grandma staying in house while she is waiting for her bus as you are working and its making you feel uncomfortable. Just out of interest how long is she there for? I have one parent who talks for England and it's very hard on a morning saying I really must get the children ready for school, she used to make us late. She once stood talking for 45 mins think I will have to invest in a mr chatterbox hat lol
    Last edited by Baildon bears; 01-03-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeks View Post
    As for an interfering granny - ask Saija for advice, she handled her Grannygate brilliantly!

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...ght=grannygate

I hope you get this sorted!

xx
    Made me think of Grannygate too

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Pootle View Post
    Made me think of Grannygate too
    I thought that when I read the title, before reading any posts

Pipsqueak Guest

as soon as I saw the title I though GrannyGate

remember Mushpea - this is YOUR home - you say what happens in it and by who by.

A polite reminder to RESPECT MY HOME (several thousand flyers pinned around the house ought to do it)

ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

i have spent an hour reading through grannygate like this ---->

sounds like the sort of families i end up with
    What a crock!!!

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would get all the kids ready and when the granny comes tell her that sorry she can't come in today as you have to go out - an just go! Even if its a trip round the block - she will have no alternative then.
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I always think that if people are that rude to you, you can be that rude back to them. Just be very forceful & say that she cannot come in & wait. No nursery would allow it.

I had a parents come to visit me years ago who had a similar thing with bus times. She said she'd be with me by 8am and would wait until 8.30am as she didn't want to get to work too early I told her I was sorry, but I couldn't allow that as I had other children to see to. Luckily they chose someone else to go to - I wasn't sorry!

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

definately just tell her that she cannot be on the premisis for a significant period of time whilst you are minding other children without a CRB check. Tell her you're very sorry but rules are rules and as much as you would like to be able to accomodate her its just not possible so in future handovers will have to be made at the door and fairly quickly.
    Blessed Be!

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes i agree, i would contact parents and state that you have no problem having the mindee to the contacted time.

But on no account can nan be on your property for more than a 5min pick up. So in future she has two choices go and loose herself by getting a coffee or shopping or collect child early and go.

Have the child ready and stand door ajar blocking the entrance to your house, mindees in coat and hand firmly gripped. Then hand him over.

Some people, perhaps her council have close her local OAP drop in centre and she is using your house instead
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louise0208 View Post
    i have spent an hour reading through grannygate like this ---->

sounds like the sort of families i end up with
    Me too couoldnt believe the nerve of this granny I laughed at some of the comments but was totally shocked by grannys

well thats past an hour

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you ask the parents to have a review of the contracted hours to fit around the bus timetable as there seems to be a lot of hanging around?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast