Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default children not in the EYFS.....

Do you have to do Risk assessments for them - just really with regards to the school run? I have a mindee who is 7 and she started in Nov...anyway, I never did a risk assessment for our walk to school but since I have a mindee who is 12mths old I have now done one. Just thinking now - ooooo should I already have had one in place?

Thanks for any replies x

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting question...
    Yes I think so.
    We have to provide care for all the children, whatever their ages... I think the requirements apply to all children in our care and the EYFS is the extra..

I would think you would need one just to cover yourself anyway. Its your evidence that you've considered the risks to the children and taken steps to minimise them. A complaint or injury / incident could occur at any time, with any age children and I should think it would also help with regard to insurance...

I'm confused now! Luckily I have RA's which cover everyone

You do sound keen - fancy coming and sorting out my paperwork when you're done?!

bws,
    Wendy

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I consider groups of children and risk assess them when we go on outings.

If a new child starts with me I will write a new RA showing how I manage their needs.

I also write RAs for all the children individually because I find it helpful.

Note that it is NOT a statutory requirement to write individual RAs.

Hth

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your help Can't back track now cause that wouldn't be very truthful but will write on their that have considered the need of the older child...which I have really cause I've put about them (one being my own older son) not being on the road side of the pavement and making sure I see them go into school and towards class.
    I'm feeling very good at the moment getting paperwork done now I know how it is going to work for me...not imagining like I was doing when I was getting paperwork done for possible mindee's he he x