Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Car Seats - Advice Required

Hi All.
    I'm in the process of registering as a childminder and just trying to get a few bits and pieces sorted. This weekend its the car seats. Just wondered if anyone had any experience of the kiddicarecare.com brands (kiddicare.com or baby weavers). The reviews on the website look ok, maybe not the most comfortable but I'm not planning on spending hours driving the with the children!! The prices look fantastic, quite a few are half price at the moment. I will have 3 one year olds when I start (my son plus 2 others) so I need 2 extra seats. What would your advice be with regard to buying 9mths-4yrs or 9mths - 11 yrs!?!?
    Any help/advice would be appreciated
    Thanks

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Personally I would advise waiting until you know the ages of the children you are going to care for.

You don't want a house / boot full of car seats that won't be used for months.

Good luck with the registration process!

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

sarahs right wait and see what children you get.

i have 2 of the nania high backed boosters with 5 point harnesses, they are great for all ages, as can be altered to use the harness or seatbelt

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have bought two of the baby weavers from Kiddicare as they go from 9 months to 11 years. I have found them really good value for money and I keep the three point harness in (just tuck in down the back when the seat is being used as a booster. All it means is I have to adjust how the seat is belted in but that takes two seconds.

Would recommend Kiddicare.

Helen x

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good:-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the nania's too. They are great and not expensive on e bay. I have just bought nania suitable from birth to 4 years. It is good because it lays down and sits up very easily, also can be rearward facing or front ward facing. It is bulky tho. All my others are nania's 9 months to 11 years and are light and easy to use. I bought the most recent one as I needed an imbetween one to seat a very small 10 month old.

Nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I had 2 britax first class and I have just got an evolva 123......expensive,but will hopefully last for a good few years ......I am just very fussy about carseats to my partners annoyance!

Mar 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your help ladies. I have ordered the kiddicare ones from birth to 6 years. All very exciting but very expensive getting everything ready!! I'm sure I'll be back soon for more help and advice.