Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Woohoo! Variation granted

I am due to start minding again on Monday following 4 months of maternity leave. I have been waiting to hear if my variation for 2 under 1s would be granted (new business) and today Ofsted tell me it has

So my tips for getting your variation granted..

[*]Give plenty of info on the form - use the blank page to big yourself up! (I spoke about previous experience and a lot about how I would cater for individual needs)
    [*]I sent my own printed rota and a copy of a typical day showing how the children will be cared for.
    [*]The inspector wanted to know specifically how I would cope in case of a fire - show that you have considered this and send a copy of your fire risk assessment.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your variation and good luck for Monday

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by balijay View Post
    I am due to start minding again on Monday following 4 months of maternity leave. I have been waiting to hear if my variation for 2 under 1s would be granted (new business) and today Ofsted tell me it has

So my tips for getting your variation granted..

[*]Give plenty of info on the form - use the blank page to big yourself up! (I spoke about previous experience and a lot about how I would cater for individual needs)
    [*]I sent my own printed rota and a copy of a typical day showing how the children will be cared for.
    [*]The inspector wanted to know specifically how I would cope in case of a fire - show that you have considered this and send a copy of your fire risk assessment.

Hi

Well done can you clarify that this is for 'brand new business' no continunity of care or sibling because I have had my variation for new business refused because under no circumstances do Ofsted allow a variation for new business!!

Thanks

Denise

Aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi denise, yep definitely new business. Can you appeal, perhaps get a letter from the parents? Don't know if you can, but perhaps worth a try?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reply I am not going to fight this one at the moment but i have started the child on the hours i have available and then I am going to apply for continunity of care and ask for variation for hours that I need it for (7 in total).

If Ofsted grant me the variation for continunity of care I will then want answers as to why my first variation was refused. I have really tried to argue my point already on this issue stating that in the past I have been granted numerous variations of new business have worked most of my childminding career (25 years) minding 4 under 5's to suddenly decide no you cannot do this seems absolutely grazy and whilst I am happy that you have been granted yours it really makes me cross that Ofsted can appear to choose who they grant variations to.

Sorry for rant as you can tell I am still fuming about this - it is really messing the new mum about having to get friends to bring and collect the child from me ( she has already been let down twice in the last fortnight) mum is in RAF and her hours are not flexible.

Denise

Aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats ok, I would be angry too if I were you. It does seem that decisions are made depending on how the inspector is feeling on the day sometimes. Didn't realise before that you have been minding so long - I'm sure you know what you are doing after 25 years in the business.

I do think there needs to be more clarity on whether they will give variations for new business - this is our job, we need to know where we stand and not mess parents around.