royal wedding - day off?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default royal wedding - day off?

I don't work bank holidays and don't charge for them, I'm just working out my hours and holidays for April and wondered what everyone else is doing for the Royal Wedding bank holiday?
    Are you working that day, taking it off and what are you charging?

Registered Childminder since
    jul 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't work Fridays so not a problem for me.

If I did I would just treat it as any other Bank Holiday as per my contracts. So in my case I wouldn't be working but would charge half fees.

dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

The 29 th happens to be my hubby's 40 th birthday and I'd booked a weeks holiday anyway from the 28th as were doing a mini run to cornwall in our classic minis along with 2 thousand other mini fans who do it every year
    It's going to be manic as I've actually bought him a mint condition mini pick up which I've hidden in a friends garage , the plan is to give it him that morning to drive to Newquay in ( he thinks he is driving the cooper we have )
    It's been a huge mission buying insuring and collecting this car when he works from home himself , ive still got to tax it next month and ship it to a garage to be checked over without him twigging

So as you can guess my thoughts will not be on the royal couple that day lol
    H4H supporter 'per mare per terram'

ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

its the school easter holidays here then so i shall be working...but charging extra ..... but the school are having an extra day off after the holidays so i shall be having all the schoolies an extra day

i shall just be back from my holiday the week before so will need the money (not that im thinking of the money of course )
    What a crock!!!

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

So excited, I am having the day off (don't charge)
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Helen79 View Post
    I don't work bank holidays and don't charge for them, I'm just working out my hours and holidays for April and wondered what everyone else is doing for the Royal Wedding bank holiday?
    Are you working that day, taking it off and what are you charging?
    same for me!

april going to be a nice month (apart from lack of funds lol!)

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It's school hols here so I'm not working (only do term time). My dd's are going to put on their party dresses, make feathery wedding hats and sit and watch it on tv.

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i belive its classed as an official bank holiday so as i dont work bank holidays I will have the day off but I have to say I am totaly miffed by the whole affair,,, these people have so much money they dont know what to do with it yet insead of having their wedding on a weekend or a bank holiday thats already in place the make another holiday and therefore not only does it mean loss of wages for people but I would imagine incovnince for people too ie childcare issues etc,, the royals just dont seem to think of anyone but themselves in this issue

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rubybubbles View Post
    same for me!

april going to be a nice month (apart from lack of funds lol!)
    I was doing the invoices for March and most of my mindees are only coming for 3 or 4 days out of the whole of April Also April 27th is me and DH's 10th wedding anniversary so quite a special month
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I have booked the week off anyway and we are off in our caravan to South Wales. However if I had been working I would have charged as per normal bank holidays. Full fee if not needed and double fee if needed

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't charge for bank hols unless someone asks me to work and then I charge extra!
    So unless someone wants me I will be having the day off (although if I am working we will still make a day of it anyway )

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am treating it as any other bank holiday and not working but charging normal fee. I am taking the three days in the middle off and that way i end up with 11 days off and only losing 1 1/2 days money (i charge half for my holidays)

I cant wait
    what doesnt kill me makes me stronger!

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Not working, no charge.
    Carol xx

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

We booked a short holiday that week ages ago, before the wedding was announced. So I will be closed that week- at the moment I don't work Fridays anyway. I have a family due to sign contracts for either a Tuesday or Friday, so depending on which day they chose Fridays may still be my day off then too.

Otherwise i'd have treated it as any other bank holiday- normal fee payable if they don't need me to work, double fees if they do need me to work.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm Having the day off. I have booked the 3 days that week as holiday so I will sit and watch this wedding all the way through! I worked through Charles and Dianas and Andrew and Sarahs! Even though C @Ds was a Bank Holiday.

Mushpea. Yes it is an extra Bank Holiday. I'm sorry you're so upset.

The only time there has been a BH for a Royal Wedding up to now was in July 1981 for Charles and Dianas wedding. I don't see what the problem is having another one this year 30years on? You make it sound as if there have been loads of them.

Sorry as well, because there is an extra Royal BH next year for the Queens Diamond Jubilee.

See the link in this thread:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...ad.php?t=76870

~Chelle~ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mushpea View Post
    i belive its classed as an official bank holiday so as i dont work bank holidays I will have the day off but I have to say I am totaly miffed by the whole affair,,, these people have so much money they dont know what to do with it yet insead of having their wedding on a weekend or a bank holiday thats already in place the make another holiday and therefore not only does it mean loss of wages for people but I would imagine incovnince for people too ie childcare issues etc,, the royals just dont seem to think of anyone but themselves in this issue

Or they could have chosen another month, seeing as April has so many Bank Holidays already and then there is May day bank holiday and the one at the end of May. So in the space of just over a a month, there will be 5 bank holidays That is one week of no pay

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats what I thought Chelle

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We wil be having a day off the same as any other BH and getting normal pay because know one ever wants to pay £9 p/hr for us to work
    We have always charged normal pay for bank hoidays, but said we are available for a higher rate of pay and have never had any quibbles. We will probably spend the day catching up on paper work anyway

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    I'm Having the day off. I have booked the 3 days that week as holiday so I will sit and watch this wedding all the way through! I worked through Charles and Dianas and Andrew and Sarahs! Even though C @Ds was a Bank Holiday.

Mushpea. Yes it is an extra Bank Holiday. I'm sorry you're so upset.

The only time there has been a BH for a Royal Wedding up to now was in July 1981 for Charles and Dianas wedding. I don't see what the problem is having another one this year 30years on? You make it sound as if there have been loads of them.

Sorry as well, because there is an extra Royal BH next year for the Queens Diamond Jubilee.

See the link in this thread:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...ad.php?t=76870
    no i dont mean they have had loads i just mean its like the world revolves around them,, lots of people get married each year and i fail to see how theirs differs from anyone elses yet they have made people have a day off for it, yes some companys will still open but many will shut , i just dont see why the cant have it on an 'already' bank holiday,, they seem to lthink that everyone will want to watch them???

Post Thanks / Like

Think I'll probably stay open then. dh and mindee's parents will probably still have to work so I'll feel bad for taking a day off just because someone is getting married. I can't afford to take another BH off since there's so many that month anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast