Do you days change slightly through the school holidays?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you days change slightly through the school holidays?

Hiya!

It's our half term this week and the normal groups etc...aren't on and I have my 7 year old with me. We'll prob. end up going out more for longer walks/visits cause I don't have to get back for the school run.
    Do you find your plans change alot from what you'd usually do - especially if you have your own older children?

xx

june 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes they do, I have my own two children 7 and 5 at home so it's hard to keep them entertained will be going out alot hopefully depending on weather.

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

School holidays are hard work but great fun. I have most of my after school children all day this week as well as the little ones so it will be a little hectic here. We will spend as much time as possible at the woods without the restrictions of having to come home half way through the afternoon.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i find it great not to be tied to school, nursery runs but I can't go to groups because my older children are over age for softplay and children's centres.

I don't mind though, the littlies love the big ones. we get out in the garden, we get out to the parks, farms, library. Always at least 2 hours outdoors each day.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

yes mine changes too, we tend to go out for walks in the woods, parks and any other free places! I only have 2 out of my 4 schoolies in the hols and also loose 2 littlies as they are termm time only so its actutaly quieter here in the hols,,
    I also do do themes or plan through the holidays its very much child led play and activites

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, different mix of children (some come holidays only and others are not here in the holidays) each day - can be hectic!

Just looked at the weather forecast and it's not good

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

my week will be different all mine are schoolies so i have 7 kids here (well 6 as my 13 yr old son doesnt count as he will probably be in bed all day )

as iv got my 11 yr old daughter here she entertains the kids on top of usual activities, shes a bit of a clown and can make everything out of anything!

my boy mindee (6) will bug my son till he gets out of bed & play beyblades with him, he's a single child & hangs onto my son all the time, thankfully my sons ok with this & hes a good role model

cant go out today which is a shame as it looks like its going to be nice...got to wait in for the gas man.....the kids will have to scream the estate down in the garden
    What a crock!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is calm!

I have my own two boys ages 9 and 12 and I have two mindees who are hoilidays only ages 9 and 14 on Mon, Thur and Fri - none of my other children come in the holidays - and they sort of just do their own thing.

ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nokidshere View Post
    Mine is calm!

- and they sort of just do their own thing.
    same here really, i put on plenty on activities especially for the 4yr old but shes more interested in what the older ones are doing
    What a crock!!!

sept 2006
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i love the holidays - no school runs
    we are off to rollerworld this afternoon and on wednesday we always go to the cinema - orange wednesdays
    also i don't have to cook as much
    debra x