Computershare childcare vouchers?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Computershare childcare vouchers?

Does anyone know what these are and have you excepted them before?

Emma

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I signed up for some a while ago but they never came through so the parents paid me in cash in the end

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

They are just one of the many companies that offer parents/employers the Childcare voucher scheme. Accor, Busy Bees, Fideliti to name but a few.

Basically if the parents company are part of a scheme, the the parent can pay up to £243 out of their salary before tax and NI are taken off each month. This is paid by their company direct to the Voucher Company who then on the parents authorisation pay the money direct to the Registered childcarer (you).

The parent then pays you any top up that is required by whatever method you prefer.

So if you monthly fee is £500 £243 would be paid to you by the voucher company and the remaining £257 would be paid to you by the parent.

If both parents work then they can both use schemes and their companies may use different schemes. That dosen't matter but it means between them the parents can draw down a total of £486 per month and if they are higher tax payers this could save them up to £2000 a year on their childcare fees.
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 13-02-2011 at 06:31 PM.

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I get paid from various families from 4 different companies. Accor (now Edenred), busybees, Faircare and Computershare. Saves the families as the £243 they can pay you is from their pay before they are taxed. So it saves them about £48 a month.

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone

You've been really helpful

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I get paid through computer share and havent had aproblem as yet

Post Thanks / Like

I've had 2 families pay through computershare and have been fine. I think I signed up on their website and gave the parents my reference number.

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Just had a thought and it may be the reason why people have had problems in the past...

I think parents need to be aware that it may be their next pay month it is set up for. So first month my parents usually pay me in full, next month the company pays the £243, then they make up the rest.

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

I am paid by one of my parents through Computershare - recently changed to Fideliti, I have never had a problem with Computershare, they have always paid on time (mine go direct to my bank), very quick too after a remittance advice! Hopefully Fideliti will be the same, my first is not due until the end of this month so fingers crossed!

I do have others paid too, Saycare pass (Sodexo) I have had several problems with these and they seems to take longer than the others but overall vouchers are no different than having a cheque from a parent really.

As long as you state the date you wish it to be paid into your bank or receive electronic vouchers, as they are all paid by BACS which is usually 4 working days so bear this in mind when you want your actual fees paying!

xx

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have never had any problems with computershare

aly Guest

I've just registered with them and yet to recieve the 1st payment.