Anybody filled in the new Scottish application forms?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    5s - V Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody filled in the new Scottish application forms?

How confusing have they made the new style forms??

I've managed to fill in the first bits ok but Part 5 (which I know they say they'll do with you during registration) is just written in double dutch to me.

I had an old form but then fell pregnant so didn't go through with registration. Wish I had now, that form at least made sense!!

Exactly what policies/statements do they expect you to have in place to begin with?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I will be back with some information for you later as my mindee just woke up will let you know what policies I started out with, i registered Oct last year so it will prob be the same form I had. x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hello again so sorry its took me so long to get back but been pretty hectic

My policies that i had for registering were:-

About me
    Aims and Objectives
    Settling In
    Childrens Records & Details
    Confidentiality
    Equal Oppurtunities
    Health and Safety
    Illness
    Administering Medication
    Behaviour
    Accident & Incident reporting
    Emergency procedure
    Emergency Evacuation procedure
    Fire Risk Assessment
    Safeguarding Children
    Complaints, Comments & Suggestions
    Participation
    Help me to Help you

Now some of these are only few lines long so dont panic that you have to write loads, my CCO seemed to be happy with these. I have since done an admissions policy and fees policy.

Hope that helps if your stuck please ask and I will try to help

Post Thanks / Like

Get your policies in place as suggested by Arly. They will basically cover what you have been asked for and more.

The set of standards you will be working with will be the Early Education and Childcare up to age 16.....you can get this doc on www.scotland.gov.uk.

Evaluating you service:

This will also be covered in your participation policy, complaints policy and possibly the help me to help you. When thinking about evaluating just ask how you will ensure that your service is meeting the needs of the parents and children. Some childminders will do this through face to face meetings (a little like parents evenings...going through how the child is doing and agreeing what next steps will be, some use questionnaires for both parents and children. Some evaluation will come about because you are checking on good practice through websites like these. Think about how you will involve the parents and children, some may like questionnaires, others will prefer face to face, formal or informal....all they are looking for initially is that you will include parents and children in evaluation, how you actually do it will be determined by the parents and children you have and what they prefer. I am sure you will get lots of ideas for evaluating your service from others and on some participation websites and books.

Good luck