Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Buggypod - any good??

Morning all,

I'm trying to get ready for when my new mindee starts in March. As he's only 5 months and takes up a seat in the buggy, I've decided to get a buggypod as dd sometimes wont walk, and I want to make sure I dont get too stressed having to herd them all home from the school run!!! (I should point out she hates the buggyboard with a passion so its a no-go for now!!!) I can't get a triple through my gate.

I have a Safety 1st duo tandem - I've checked online and it is compatible with the buggypod.

I'll probably put either dd or my 16 month mindee in the pod, but I wanted to know how secure is it?? I had a look on Amazon, and there are a few bad reviews that said it bascially gave way under the child..... my dd and 16 month old aren't light!!!!!

I have pretty much made my mind up to get one, as I don't really have any other options.

Thanks!!!!
    Marnie x

feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a buggy pod and I have to say I love it......but I do think it depends on what buggy you are attaching it to. I loved it on my tandem but not so much when it was out on my single (tried to reduce stuff in the car)

But I have been looming at the bibi strolli.

One of the mums at school has this and it looks fab......I want one!!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Only used mine twice but the children love it. Both 16 months, I am aware it will get harder to push as they get heavier but it's so great to get out and about with all three.

Not had any concerns with it collapsing under them, think that was the original one that caused that make sure you get a smorph2 The seat itself is quite narrow and the raincover sits right on top of the child but its a great solution and would not be without mine, go for it

july 20
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

attached mine to phil and ted, very stiff to fold and the wheel kept sort of sliding in on its self, very difficult to push. so no rubbish!

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Will only use mine if really have to! It's on my mclaren double and I find it a pain to take off/fold away, which I have to do to get it in the car.
    Carol xx

JUNE 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i have one but never used it its still in the box
    "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."

june 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

i had one given and to be honest i didnt like it at all

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I can thoroughly recommend the swiss bibi strolli Never used a buggy pod but ALWAYS use the strolli and all the children take turns riding on it and think it is a real treat It was the best £60 i ever spent on eBay! It is very sturdy and the clamp comes with universal brackets/fixings so you can't really go wrong - there are so many different sizes that i am sure it would be a challenge to find a buggy it didnt fit. My 2 year old does sometimes fall off it so needs to be held on for 'joy rides' but my almost 4 year old adores it - fab for our trek of a school run x
    What's for you, wont pass by you