Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jan 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy urgent advice needed please!!

hi there,

my name's Amy and ive been a registered childminder since january.
    Ive been emailing and chatting to a prospective parent today, we got on very well and she was interested in coming to see my setting and hopefully coming to an arrangement. However...
    the younger of the 2 children she needs minded is only 10months old, and on my registration certificate it says i am only allowed to care for children over 1 years old. But because the parent is really interested/and vice verca, i called ofsted today and the callcentre told me that i can apply to have my child ratio changed to fit under 1's, however i have to put it in writing, and to include a risk assessment detailing how i can show i can provide adequate care for an under one. (i have a 14month old myself so have all the relevant safety equipment/baby equipment etc etc)

Is there anybody out there that has been in the same situation and can tell me how difficult/lengthy the procedure was to get your certificate changed? as im thinking that if its too much of a long winded and difficult lengthy process, that i may just leave it.

any advice would be so greatly appreciated!

thanks!

Amy

registe
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: urgent advice needed please!!

I have pm'd you

Welcome to the forum,

don't forget to pop in and " say hello"
    Last edited by flora; 18-04-2008 at 08:16 PM.

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a reason you can't have under 1's? Was you own child in this age group when you were registered?

jan 08
    Post Thanks / Like

hi flora, thanks. i can only see a welcome message there! (i only just registered onto the forum!) x

manjay- yes, my baby (now 14months) was 9 months when the ofsted inspector came in november! so i can understand why it was done, but now she is over 1 i am hoping that they will be kind!! x

registe
    Post Thanks / Like

it will get there

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If your child is now over one...you simply need to right to OFSTED & ask them to reasjust your reg certificate to allow for your own childs change in age group...usually takes a couple of weeks to come through.
    Blaze
    Blaze x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my registration changed no questions asked once my own child was 1yrs old but just had to put it in writing but not with a risk assessment and I faxed it to ofsted so it all happened quicker. So fingers crossed they should change it no problem!

Avril x

jan 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: urgent advice needed please!!

flora, got your PM, many many thanks!

blaze- thankyou very much for the info, it sounds like it shouldnt be too much fuss then, i think i will do it, even if i dont manage to sort something out with the current prospective parent, i guess its good to have it changed anyway really isnt it, so that i can be available to the next parent who may call with an under 1!

jan 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by avril View Post
    I had my registration changed no questions asked once my own child was 1yrs old but just had to put it in writing but not with a risk assessment and I faxed it to ofsted so it all happened quicker. So fingers crossed they should change it no problem!

Avril x

excelllent avril many thanks!
    im going to call them tomorrow and ask if i can fax my letter over then, thanks alot!

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No problem...what you were advised by the call centre is for a variation...ie if your LO was still under 1 & you wanted to take on another under 1.
    Blaze
    Blaze x

jan 08
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks blaze.
    the lady i spoke to did sound a bit dippy! i had to spell things out to her over and over! and i did make it clear what i was enquiring about, she kept putting me on hold to check the procedure!
    i did try and get through to the OFSTED inspector who did my pre-reg, but she was out of office. i may call her again tomorrow just so she can confirm it all

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you get it sorted

Good luck

Angel xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    thanks blaze.
    the lady i spoke to did sound a bit dippy! i had to spell things out to her over and over! and i did make it clear what i was enquiring about, she kept putting me on hold to check the procedure!
    i did try and get through to the OFSTED inspector who did my pre-reg, but she was out of office. i may call her again tomorrow just so she can confirm it all
    OFSTED dippy !! surely not