Our lunch- potato and ham bake?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Our lunch- potato and ham bake?

I had a few things in the fridge that needed eating up and I concocted this dish that the kids wolfed down

In a frying pan I gently sauteed a finely chopped onion, a handful of finely chopped mushrooms and 1/2 a large courgette also finely chopped. After a few minutes when they had softened I added 1/2 pint milk, a tablespoon of cornflour (mixed with a little milk) and about 2 oz grated mature cheddar and cooked this until it had thickened. In the meantime I sliced up a couple of medium sized potatoes thinly and chopped up 4 or 5 slices of sandwich ham (the stuff that is square for sandwiches). I mixed the ham into the 'sauce' and then layered the potato and sauce in a pyrex dish.
    If I'd had more time I would have put this in the oven for about 45 mins but as I didn't have that much time I put it in the microwave for 10 mins on 70% power. It wasn't quite cooked so I gave it a further 5 mins on 70% power.

This would also be a good way to use up excess boiled potatoes and would cut down on cooking time.

Pauline- if there is a better place for this post please feel free to move it.

Registered Childminder since
    Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooh this sounds yummy. I've some chopped up ham in the freezer left over from a huge gammon joint I did at new year, I know what we'll be having tomorrow

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

mmmmm gonna copy this for one day next week il be the only one who eats it but hey ho more for me xx
    Jennie x x

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds lovely

I will move it into the cooking area so we know where it is

Did the children all enjoy it

Angel xx

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

SOund really nice! yum!