another question
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default another question

Sorry everyone, thats all I seem to be doing at the moment but you're great for answering my questions!!

If you are asked to have children for a half day, do you just charge them for the hours they are there, as I've read some posts about a retainer being paid for the rest of the day? xx

June 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It's up to you how you charge. Best ask other minders in the area and see what they do. In my area for example everybody seems to charge by the hour. I too have children that stay half a day only ... on some days I managed to find another child for the afternoon on others not ... Full time enquiries are not very common where I live so everybody grabs whatever comes their way ...

june 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge by the hour but do a minamum of 6 hours a day, as it is hard to fill an morning or afternoon space. You can charge for a full day if you are taking mindee to pre-school and picking up.

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i charge by the hour and charge a minimum of 4 hours for under 5's and 2hrs for over 5's otherwise its just not worth the paperwork,,, I have one child that leaves at 1pm and used to have another that started at the same time,, both parents understood they couldnt be late/early and it filled the day so didnt mind only charging half the day each. you also have to think of the school holidays,, would you be happy with having to either go out in the morning or after noon only or with making sure your at home for drop off and pick up,,, for me it worked ok,, we would stay in morning and go out after 1pm which past the afternoon then as she is only 4 days a week it leaves us with one full day to go out on a big outing.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Baildon bears View Post
    I charge by the hour but do a minamum of 6 hours a day, as it is hard to fill an morning or afternoon space. You can charge for a full day if you are taking mindee to pre-school and picking up.
    same here and for less than 5 hours I charge 50p/hour more.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got