Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    apr2000
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good/outstan
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Having a year off

Hello,

As I only have a part timer two days a week, I am considering working with a friend cleaning as she is really busy and earns so much more than me. Has anyone else put their registration on hold? I want to try it out and come back to childminding otherwise but don't want to lose my registration! I just find paperwork etc and inspections so stressful and don't think I want the worry of it all - im due end of this year for inspection.

fEB2006
    Post Thanks / Like

Go for it! At the end of the day we work to earn money and if you can make a living doing that I would go for it. My moms a cleaner and she's always got work and is very busy good luck x

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you should go for it.

Just as an extra point- Isn't it sad that people pay more per hour for someone to clean their house than they do for someone to take care of heir children?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carolyn01 View Post
    Hello,

As I only have a part timer two days a week, I am considering working with a friend cleaning as she is really busy and earns so much more than me. Has anyone else put their registration on hold? I want to try it out and come back to childminding otherwise but don't want to lose my registration! I just find paperwork etc and inspections so stressful and don't think I want the worry of it all - im due end of this year for inspection.
    My ds has just set up a cleaning business and having seen what he can earn I am SERIOUSLY thinking of going to work with him!!! He is cleaning Housing Association houses after the workmen have finished and before the tenants move in!!! If it takes off I will seriously consider it!

I am also finding the paperwork side of things get to me, and I dread Ofsted Inspections. Good luck!!

moogster1a Guest

you don't need to tell OfsteD you're not working unless it's been over 3 years. Ater all, for all they know you're struggling to get kids signed up; so, go for it and keep advertising for mindees. You never know you might be able to do both if the right family comes up!