Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Question How would you charge for this?*urgent*

Morning everyone, I have just had an enquiry for a lo
    monday- friday 10am-3pm

It is one week on one week off, the mum asked me how I would charge for this and I said I would explain at meeting THIS AFTERNOON!!! arghhhh

I know I should charge full whack at my normal £4.00 per hour so that would make it 25 x £4.00 = £100.00 per week for all weeks.

But how do I explain this easily to mum?

I haven't stopped yet this morning I think I left my brain bed lol x x x
    Is it Friday yet?

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How would you charge for this?*urgent*

congrats!
    I would charge half fees for the "off week" or pay as you go but then i am in a stick patch where im trying to lure them in. I am sure someone savvy will come along soon!
    x
    What's for you, wont pass by you

July 10
    Post Thanks / Like

i would just explain that you have to charge her to guarentee (sp) that she has that space if someone else can't have it hope that makes sense? lol

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems straight forward to me £4 per hour , maybe mum thought you might charge more as using only part of day ?

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm,
    She may have been hoping to only pay for the weeks she uses...

How about a choice of payment options to show you are trying to be sympathetic to her situation?

Explain you have x number of spaces and would expect to earn the full amount from each as you can't expect to fill the weeks not needed.

However, to accommodate her situation, you could offer her
    either a higher daily rate for the weeks she uses and half this for the week she doesn't use. (I thought, as your usual hourly rate is £4, why not charge £5 for the 'on' weeks and £2.50 for the 'off' weeks. This would average out at £7.50 an hour, so you're only losing 25p an hour overall...) If you include food normally, maybe ask for a packed lunch as a compromise to help cover the shortfall.

Or if you did it based on a daily rate (minimum 8 hours, 8 x £4 = £32 a day) you could charge full for the 'on' weeks and ... 25% for the 'off' weeks? That would be £160 for an 'on' week and £40 for the one not used = £200 over the 2 weeks, which is the same as if you were charging £4 an hour every week. Except this way, if she ever wanted to use the 'off' week hours (with sufficient written notice ) she would pay full price for those, so you'd make extra.

Good luck with the meeting

best wishes,
    Wendy

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

As she is paying for a 'space' and not merely for your time, I would charge full rate for the 'off' week.
    Tracey x

mar 03
    Post Thanks / Like

As the space could be filled by a fulltime child I would be inclined to charge full fee. Every wk. However if work is scarce and you are desperate I would consider half fee when not there.if someone else comes along after this you can offer her the holding space for a fulltime fee but advise this x

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one child every other week. I only charge for the week he is here as it suits me to be quieter on the alternate weeks.

Just be careful that you choose something you are hapy with. Potentially this child will take up a full time space for not very much money.

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I would charge a flat daily rate as you would be unlikely to fill the hours before 10am and after 3pm with another litte one. For the week they are not coming I would charge half to retain the space. So if you charge £4.00 an hour say 10 hours is your full day so thats £200 for week one and £100 for week two.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Tell her you would have to charge for every week as you cannot possibly fill the weeks that she does not require.

Then maybe say something like this, 'however rather than charge you a full day rate which would normally be applicable for those hours, I am willing just to charge you for the hours you require'.

Good luck.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would charge my min daily fee of £25 per day and charge for all weeks unless you really wanted it and then a retainer of £15 for the off week

See whether she is getting tax credits and if she is paying both week in full won't make much difference to her
    Debbie

May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone, after all that sorting she didn't blooming turn up.We agreed for her to come around 1ish it is now 3.04pm I don't think she's going to come now

Gaawd I had forgotten how no shows make you feel hasn't happened to me for ages!!!

Aww well not gonna lose any sleep over it x x x
    Is it Friday yet?