A step by step
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: A step by step

aly Guest

Default A step by step

I feel like I haven't done anything lol

We have ripped bathroom out and just had the shower in last night after 2-3 weeks of showing with the M.I.L I can wash properly in my own home

Anyway I sort of slowly wnt through the paperwor without a rush as there are a lot of things I want to do to the house but a few definates for the childminding etc but my question is:

Does anyone have a step by step of the process from ringing NCMA and getting booked on briefing session to actually getting registered??

In my other post I asked whether I should ahve posted certain forms off. So is there a list [like a check list] where i can tick off as I go with certain things that have done/need doing.

OMG I have rattled on

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A step by step

Here's one I posted earlier... I hope it helps!

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...ration+process
    Last edited by sarah707; 14-04-2008 at 09:30 PM.

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what i did but your local CSSIW may work slightly differently (and it is 12 months since I did it so may have changed slightly)

Arranged a briefing session by contacting CSSIW
    Booked on to next ICP course
    Mentoring session after iCP for help with policies and completing your application form
    Write statement of purpose(this goes with part 1 of app), policies, procedures and complete statements for each of the 21 standards (part 2 of application)
    Application is taken to CSSIW where they verified identity and sent off crbs, refs, social service checks and medical form
    Once all paperwork was back you are assigned an inspector who will come and do a pre reg visit. Inspector will ask questions about the standards and check your home and you are suitable. They will let you know any actions you need to take
    Certificate will be issued and you can then apply for PLI and toolkit from NCMA

Hope that helps a bit

there is other stuff that Sarah has put that is generic like house insurance but the rest is applicable to Wales

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for that Amanda... I will stick it in the original thread so it's there for other Welsh members

aly Guest

thanks both off to read now

x

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    This is what i did but your local CSSIW may work slightly differently (and it is 12 months since I did it so may have changed slightly)

Arranged a briefing session by contacting CSSIW
    Booked on to next ICP course
    Mentoring session after iCP for help with policies and completing your application form
    Write statement of purpose(this goes with part 1 of app), policies, procedures and complete statements for each of the 21 standards (part 2 of application)
    Application is taken to CSSIW where they verified identity and sent off crbs, refs, social service checks and medical form
    Once all paperwork was back you are assigned an inspector who will come and do a pre reg visit. Inspector will ask questions about the standards and check your home and you are suitable. They will let you know any actions you need to take
    Certificate will be issued and you can then apply for PLI and toolkit from NCMA

Hope that helps a bit

there is other stuff that Sarah has put that is generic like house insurance but the rest is applicable to Wales

Yup that's how my CSSIW application is too.