Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OMG!!! Ofsted are coming

I had the call yesterday. The lady wants to come next week. Either monday or wednesday. (Hoping Monday) I registered in August but have only been minding for a month.

I have so much I need to sort out. Due to the snow our back garden looks like a disaster zone so that will have to be tidied.

I have observation to write in the Learning Journal and have to organise my paper work.

I have a few questions. If anyone can help me out I would be so greatful

Do you have risk assessments in seperate folder to the policies and procedures?

How long do they usually stay?

Do I need to make her a cup of tea or coffee or can I just ask her to make one?

Im sure there is so much more to ask but cant think right now. Atleast I have the rest of the week and the weekend to sort things out.

I am planning on making christmas cards Monday so atleast I will have an activity for the little one. But I think the glitter will be staying well away

Thanks everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: OMG!!! Ofsted are coming

I'm sure you'll be fine and at least you have the weekend to get organised.

I do keep my RA's in a separate folder, but you don't have to.

The inspection can take anything from 2 to 5+ hours - a lot depends on the individual inspector, how much written evidence you have, your sef etc etc

I never offered my inspector a cup of tea ( didn't want them staying a second longer than necessary) and I definitely wouldn't have suggested they make their own but again it's up to you.

HTH's

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

march05
    Post Thanks / Like

As soon as u open the door as them for their id and for them to sign ur visitor book, dont offer them a hot drink chick, i said to mine would u like a drink when a get a 2nd but i do not allow hot drinks by the children so will only offer cold ones, they were very impressed with this.

you will be fine chick, I know its very very nerve racking and everyone goes over paperwork etc 10 times over lol, just stay calm so u dont wind the kids up.

I literally put all my paperwork on the dining room table and said there it is for you ill be in the conservatory/outside with children if you need me, I actually played with them outside as couldnt stand being in house lolxxx

good luck let us know how u get onxxxx

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have got mine too... they seem to be early? Mine is mon or tues next week. Mon I have school run and back by 9:45 then next school run between 12:15-1 and final between 2:50-3:40 and she seemed ok with this, maybe cos she plans to come on tues?! Good luck. I don't feel ready at all as I thought it would be end of jan and was hoping to do my sef over my time off at xmas - oh well!