Early Parent
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Early Parent

phoebe-alice Guest

Thumbs down Early Parent

Mindees were due at 11:30 today and arrived at 10:45. I'm usually up early but seeing as they weren't coming untill late morning I had a wee lay in as I've been full of the cold, so was trying to sleep it off.
    When the doorbell rung I thought no it can't be thats 45 minutes early! But yes it was.
    So had to greet mum in my nighty with my night gown on... arkward.
    She did appologise but she could have at least contacted me to say she would be early. Just had to throw on some clothes and feel tired and run down as it is, and hadn't had any time to get the toys out or anything. Nightmare.
    Think I might leave them out in the snow next time hehe!

Registered Childminder since
    May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Early Parent

Gosh I would have said 'As you can see I'm not ready so you'll have to come back at 11.30am and next time call if you need early drop off.'

Be careful they don't take advantage now that you have let them get away with it once.

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt have answered the door that early, especially if I wasnt ready. And when I finally spoke to her, would have said I was in the bath/shower and didnt hear the door

Sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
    Gosh I would have said 'As you can see I'm not ready so you'll have to come back at 11.30am and next time call if you need early drop off.'

Be careful they don't take advantage now that you have let them get away with it once.
    I agree, that was not fair or professional at all... not the contracted time, not even near! Hope it won't happen again.

xx hope you're feeling better by now!
    Happy days

05/10
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a parent that turns up early all the time. Between 5 and 15 mins every day. At first, I made her aware that i'm gonna be charging her and did do so at the end of the month. (Even 5 mins every day adds up to hours) Parent was ha[ppy
    As this continued to happen I discussed with her to amend my start time, again she was happy...

Guess I've got a good one there

phoebe-alice Guest

Oh I'll be charging her hehe, I wouldn't let 45 minutes go a miss. I make sure I charge her even if its minutes late.
    Don't know how on earth 45 minutes came about though but oh well I'm up and dressed now, hoping that there isn't another stunt like that though or I won't be a happy bunny.
    Hope you all have a lovely day though.

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I had that happen last week! Only slightly more anti-social hours when mum dropped off at 7am!!! I wouldnt have answered the door personally but I was in the shower and DH let her in!!!

I was not impressed and deliberately charged her an extra 'anti-social hours' fee! Oh and told her no matter how cold it was outside if it wasnt her contracted start time I wouldnt be answering the door. When she got funny I said that shops and nurseries open at set times and I need that time to ensure I am ready for the day! Grrr to some parents!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That's very cheeky and, whether you charge her or not, I would say something just to make sure she doesn't do it again.

Hope you feel better soon

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

05/10
    Post Thanks / Like

lol...time for school run... hehehe

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you are feeling better!!! I would hate that!!! Apart from anything else I would scare the kids half to death if they arrived and I wasnt up, showered, dressed and had put my face on !!! Can understand the odd 5-10 mins, but 45 is really taking the biscuit