Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry It driving me nut, never mind being disgusting

Hello all you lovely people,
    I know I haven't Been on here for ages, work, college and general live leVes little time to browse sites other then for research purposes.

I have an annoying and also disgusting predicament! A five year old minded child is constantly weeing over the seat. Not a little bit but all over including the back. It's as if he is trying to cover it. I've talked to him on several occasions and his mum. The other two boys don't do it ( they all are brothers).
    I don't know what to do about it . It's not nice for anyone else who ends up going after. Apparently he don't do it at home. I've even given him a wipe to clean up after himself and told him to lift the seat or sit on it.......

Emma xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It driving me nut, never mind being disgusting

Well, he'll just have to go with you to supervise until he gets it right! Shouldn't take long

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Try ping pong balls or some washing up liquid in the bowl. Lots of little boys have aiming problems.

jun 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree! He's old enough to know what he's doing so just tell him that you will be supervising him like you do the little ones - bet its sorted pretty quick

Sep 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Id just check to see that he doesnt have a certain condition that means the little hole for the penis is not in the centre where it should be - i know of a friends son who had this and it makes wee'ing in a straight line impossible and often comes out as a spray... cant remember the name of it sorry though. the other problem linked to it is too much foreskin.

Failing this and everythings normal... how ****** annoying!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Im sorry to read that you have this problem but pleased at the same time because I have a 5 year old that also has taken to doing this or even the last time stood outside the toilet door held himself and weed allover the floor!!!!! I was not happy he just said he didnt know he wanted a wee!!! His mum wasnt bothered when I told her. I have started standing behind him and he is getting a little better

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrs bish01 View Post
    Id just check to see that he doesn't have a certain condition that means the little hole for the penis is not in the centre where it should be - i know of a friends son who had this and it makes wee'ing in a straight line impossible and often comes out as a spray... cant remember the name of it sorry though. the other problem linked to it is too much foreskin.

Failing this and everything's normal... how ****** annoying!!!
    ive spoken to his mum and she says he dose it properly at home without a problem - suppose its supervision!! oh joy............ this jobs wearing thin by the day (but thats a diff post)

Post Thanks / Like

Could it be that your toilet is slightly higher than his at home so he's struggling to reach. Maybe try a step stool to see if that helps.

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Helen79 View Post
    Could it be that your toilet is slightly higher than his at home so he's struggling to reach. Maybe try a step stool to see if that helps.
    no he manages the hight fine! (i have been up with him before)

jun 09
    Post Thanks / Like

my sons used to do same thing (they're 10 and 7). My friend complained her son (8 yr old) did the same.Tellings off from my oh who is step dad seemed to stop it in the end. I think its a case of 'cant be bothered' to wee properly. He speaks and they tend to listen more than if its me. Its only stopped in last 12 months or so.I cant say whether your mindee is doing it purposely but thats my experience. xx

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charlie potato View Post
    my sons used to do same thing (they're 10 and 7). My friend complained her son (8 yr old) did the same.Tellings off from my oh who is step dad seemed to stop it in the end. I think its a case of 'cant be bothered' to wee properly. He speaks and they tend to listen more than if its me. Its only stopped in last 12 months or so.I cant say whether your mindee is doing it purposely but thats my experience. xx
    hummmmmmmmmm!! (agreeing tone)

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

My 4 yo doesn't have a very good aim either. I have watched him and it seems to be a problem when he is distracted and looking around the room or chatting that he doesn't look what he is doing.

Could this be the same for your mindee? He doesn't do it at home but does at yours because it's a different environment and he's too nosy having a look around?

Good luck at getting it sorted. Make sure you keep on top of him cleaning up after himself too. Hopefully he'll get fed up with having to do it that he'll learn to be more careful.

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

hello,

i have got the same problem with a 9 year old and it makes me very cross.

do you think he will learn to do it if i tell him i will supervise from now on?

mrs.h

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the problem 3 fold! a 7 year old, 5 year old and a 4 year old . I came out the loo yesterday and ssid I'm fed up with puddles on the floor and having to clean the seat before I can use it

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsbish01 View Post
    Id just check to see that he doesnt have a certain condition that means the little hole for the penis is not in the centre where it should be - i know of a friends son who had this and it makes wee'ing in a straight line impossible and often comes out as a spray... cant remember the name of it sorry though. the other problem linked to it is too much foreskin.

Failing this and everythings normal... how ****** annoying!!!
    My DS had this problem - tight foreskin which got worse instead of better as he grew older, as Dr originally hoped. he used to sit down and it became more of a problem at school where they had urinals as he didn't want to be the only boy who went in the normal loo. He had circumcision at 11 before going to senior school and never looked back

This does sound like mindee needs supervision though and hopefully will get a better aim
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Oct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I also have a 6 year old who does this, drives me bonkers! He doesn't do it at home and when asked why he said it's because he's not watching what he's doing. Have spoken to parents who were not impressed. I'd thought about asking him to clean it up himself but didn't know if it would be ok to do so, now I've seen that some of you do I might just be doing that next time!
    Parents were invented to make children happy by giving them something to ignore.

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allinatiz View Post
    I also have a 6 year old who does this, drives me bonkers! He doesn't do it at home and when asked why he said it's because he's not watching what he's doing. Have spoken to parents who were not impressed. I'd thought about asking him to clean it up himself but didn't know if it would be ok to do so, now I've seen that some of you do I might just be doing that next time!
    i have cleaning spray next to the toilet and give him a handful of loo role (dont want to block the loo) then make him wasj his hands ofcourse!!)

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Those Parazone flushable wipes might be useful for little hands to wipe up after themselves (under supervision of course) - as long as they wash their hands afterwards.

My littlest lad is onlly 6 months ... I've this joy to come