Variation Question
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Variation Question

What do you reckon the chances are of ofsted granting me a variation to have 4 5-8yr olds two days a week? Would be for continuity of care and I'd still be within my rations in terms of only having 5 under 8s.

I look after an afterschoolie on a Weds and Thurs at the mo, but mum wants to add Monday and Tuesday in as well as she's going full time at work. Only problem is I already have 3 afterschoolies those days. Don't have any under 5s other than my own DD during that time.

HAve said I would ring and enquire about a variation but I heard from another minder they had one refused...although I think that was to take a new child on.

Also how long would a variation take to be granted if they approve?

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Variation Question

will depend on the total under 8's. As i understand they rarely let you go over teh 6 under 8's ratio although they might grant you 4 under 5's for example. You are not restricted by the number of 5-8's, you can have 6 if you want as long as you still only have 6 in the 0-8 age group.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing your certificate says you can have 5 children under 8 of which no more than 2 can be in the Early Years age range.

That would mean that if you had no other children under 5, other than your own child, you could have all 5 children in the 5-8 age range without needing a variation.

It used to work that you were registered for a max of 3 under 5 and 3 over 5, but it isn't split like that now.

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I'm guessing your certificate says you can have 5 children under 8 of which no more than 2 can be in the Early Years age range.

That would mean that if you had no other children under 5, other than your own child, you could have all 5 children in the 5-8 age range without needing a variation.

It used to work that you were registered for a max of 3 under 5 and 3 over 5, but it isn't split like that now.
    Yep, your right, just checked my certificate now! No need to even enquire! Thanks!!! I'll give mum the good news tonight!