Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default planning for a young baby!!

Hi everyone can you give me any idea of what sort of planning ofsted would want to see for a 5 month baby, ive been registerd for 3 months now and i think i might get an inspection soon. ive got a 2 year old as well but i think im ok with his planning.
    Thanks for any ideas
    kats xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: planning for a young baby!!

Not really planning for that age... more observations and next steps...

Jane enjoyed listening to the other children singing... I will make a recording so she can listen when they are at school.

John watched the mobile... we will make a black and white mobile tomorrow and put it up for him.

That sort of thing

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd include floor play every day for a baby of that age, as well. So one day it might be the baby gym/floor mat, another it could be attaching a helium balloon to wrist or ankle and watching their reaction as they try to work out that their movements cause the balloon to jerk. Obviously that activity would be under the strictest supervision. As the baby gets older, tempting them to crawl by placing toys just out of their reach, that sort of thing.

Then either take pictures or just jot down what you observe. Did baby smile, did they cry, did their eyes get wide and mouth make an O (both of which denote surprise and pleasure).

Lucky you! I love that age!
    Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?

jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks sarah and Tatia, you've given me some really good ideas, now im thinking along the right track
    kats xx

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

The six month old I look after is quite forward for his age, he is already crawling and loves to be on his feet most of the time, he can actually side step along the furniture already. Some of the things I do with him are playing with mirrors, letting him look at ones in different positions and playing hide and seek with them, letting him watch toys roll away from him and make sure he can at least follow them with his eyes, (although he can go after them). Sitting him between my legs and helping him to join in with the action rhymes with the older children, the world is endless for play with this age. I do observe what he does and make a few notes if he does something new, like his first tooth last week, but I do not go overboard at this age. I am sure the other more knowledgeable ones on this site will be able to offer you lots more ideas.
    Teacake2

jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks teacake, its a lovely age to mind isnt it
    kats
    xxx