Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ofsted email

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ofsted email

Could any of you lovely people please provide me with Ofsteds enquiry email address??

I need to inform them about my daughter starting fulltime at school but as i know they are providing mixed messages with regards to this I thought it better to email and have their reply in writing.

Thanks
    what doesnt kill me makes me stronger!

bexcee Guest

Default Re: Ofsted email

I rang them last week about my son starting full time education and got my new certificate today. It is a bit confusing though as my numbers are still the same but there is an extra paragraph stating 'when caring for 4 or 5 year old children who are in full time education, may increase the number in the early years age group by the number in full time education, providing the maximum number is not exceeded (Early Years Register)'

So I think I can now take on 3 under 5's but not easy telling new parents this when my certificate says 2 in the early years group

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

I have to say though, you will very likely be given the run around by the email staff (I know I was when I tried to change my address). I just wrote a letter telling them my son was at full time school and asked them to call me if there were any changes needed. They called me that week and I have the new certificate.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bexcee View Post

So I think I can now take on 3 under 5's but not easy telling new parents this when my certificate says 2 in the early years group
    My new one says - not more than 3 may be in the early years age group. My son has just started in reception and is 4 years old, so I can have 5 others under 8 of whom only 3 can be in the early years group (unless of course they are also at school full time in which case blah blah blah )

Post Thanks / Like

The Ofsted fact sheet about this is here

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home...s-may-care-for

If you fill in a variation form and post it to them they should issue you with a new certificate - mine took under a week to come through.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!