2nd care commission visit
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Question 2nd care commission visit

I have my 2nd visit from care commission next thurs, what can I expect from this visit?

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2nd care commission visit

Should be your final one before registration, so make sure you have everything in place, any policies asked for will need to be done, and anything you'll need in house ie cupboard locks, appropriate locks for external doors, fireguard etc. Hopefully they'll sign you off and should be registered shorthly afterwards. Hope all goes well.
    Ali xx

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: 2nd care commission visit

thank u... have spent all afternoon making sure paperwork all sorted for them and hubby has got the stair gate and fire blanket mounted, just need to put the lock on ma kitchen cleaning cupboard and another high lock on the outside gate................oooooooooooooooooo soooo excited

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: 2nd care commission visit

Why do we worry so much!! my final visit went great if i do say so myself so should get a letter next week.

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent, well done.
    Ali xx

Mar 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I ask what your time frames have been? I've had my initial visit, and put all my paperwork in, so am just waiting. I know each area will be different but how long did you wait from paperwork in to 2nd visit?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

i sent everything all policies and procedures away with my application in july, it then took until sept to get my 1st visit but all my paperwork was mostly in order just few wee tweaks to make and to add a participation policy, my cco was on holiday for 2 weeks after that so it was 3 weeks before she came back then i received my terms and conditions letter couple days later so im just awaiting my certificate now. All in all its took 3 months from start to finish.

Mar 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah- my CCO must do it differently- she gave me my forms etc during my first visit. She had said it would be within 12 weeks of them receiving my paperwork, so I guess it'll just depend on how quickly my disclosure and references come back. Hoping my disclosure will be quick as I've had so many of them before.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Think they all do it differently. My disclosure was really quick and i had 2 before but my partner didnt but his arrived back same time as mine so they were quick. Thats me registered now received my certifcate in the post on friday now to get advertising! xx