Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ZUMBA FANS

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ZUMBA FANS

for all you zumba fans out there, I found a great website with free zumba music to download.

http://www.myspace.com/zumbamusic

I was looking for some new music for our dance/songtime and found my favorite ever zumba track (the last one on the list). The kids absolutely loved it! They bounced and jumped themselves silly and I tried to show them a few moves whcih was hilarious.

Thought it was a nice share and covers CD/PD and KUW. If you're new to zumba put it on and enjoy - it's very happy music.

aly Guest

Default Re: ZUMBA FANS

thanks for this....ve justcome back from ther tonight {going again tomorrow}.

x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aly View Post
    thanks for this....ve justcome back from ther tonight {going again tomorrow}.

x
    i did two this week too. I love it! only exercise I've ever done without checking the clock to see how long left

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: ZUMBA FANS

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    i did two this week too. I love it! only exercise I've ever done without checking the clock to see how long left
    It's popular at our leisure centre too, not tried it yet though! Might have to now!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgons View Post
    It's popular at our leisure centre too, not tried it yet though! Might have to now!
    give it a go with the kids first. there's a mini vid of a bloke dancing on the website - that'll give you an idea of how fast the moves are but just jump and down and clap with the kids - they'll love it.

aly Guest

roughly 200 tonight...theres a double class tomorrow..we go to the later quieter one lol.

~Chelle~ Guest

Was wondering if anyone has lost weight or toned up doing Zumba??

I am really interested in doing it but would like to know if it does help you lose weight?

Thanks

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~Chelle~ View Post

I am really interested in doing it but would like to know if it does help you lose weight?

Thanks
    I lost a bit of weight with weight watchers , then started zumba and the diet went by the wayside ( my willpower became wont power). I have put back on a bit of weight , but none of the 'size' if that makes sense. Im sure thats down to zumba. When I started the class in about April there were only 3 of us there! Last night there were about 40. I highly recommend it , and ds ( 4 ) loves the dances and wiggles!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~Chelle~ View Post

Thanks
    i went once a week from May (after studying). It burns roughly 500-800 cals an hour depending on how intense you work/the class is (check out the zumba official site and seriously it's so enjoyable you won't know you are exercising). Don't need to be co-ordinated as most of it's so fast everyone is just laughing trying to keep up

I was also eating sensibly, cut out carbs at lunch a few times a week and 4 out of 7 evenings I had none either but had massive platefuls of food - salad and veggies and grilled meat. I never cut out wine and still had a bit of dark choccie every night. But alongside once a week zumba I managed to lose 10lbs between may and july. I totally swear zumba was key in that.

great for toning legs, bums and tums

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Have just played that last track and had a little dance round the lounge - put me in a much better mood to start the day I love that one

~Chelle~ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    i went once a week from May (after studying). It burns roughly 500-800 cals an hour depending on how intense you work/the class is (check out the zumba official site and seriously it's so enjoyable you won't know you are exercising). Don't need to be co-ordinated as most of it's so fast everyone is just laughing trying to keep up

I was also eating sensibly, cut out carbs at lunch a few times a week and 4 out of 7 evenings I had none either but had massive platefuls of food - salad and veggies and grilled meat. I never cut out wine and still had a bit of dark choccie every night. But alongside once a week zumba I managed to lose 10lbs between may and july. I totally swear zumba was key in that.

great for toning legs, bums and tums
    Thanks for that, I have seen a class advertised for Tuesday evenings so will sign up to that.

I did it once as a warm up for Race for Life and really enjoyed it, just wondered if anyone had results as I need to tone my tum, bum and legs