Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default TAX CREDIT FRAUD

Dont ask me how but i managed to have a conversation with someone in a managerial (sp) position at the tax credit office. I was voicing my concern about parents using our numbers fraudulantly and claiming more than they pay us etc...

Apparently they are very aware of this, and are also aware that when reporting fraudulant claims staff dont seem to take us very seriously, so her advice was to report the parents on the government website under benifit fraud as this is exactly what it is and it seems to be taken far more seriously.
    PRINCESS DAISY FLOWER

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: TAX CREDIT FRAUD

There was a case in the paper today about a couple that were fraudulently claiming Child Benefit for 13 children (even though they only had 3)

Also, they were claiming the costs of a childminder who lived 100 miles away and who had never met them.

apr 89
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi just read your post, I have just posted one myself same subject, Today, I was told to ring HMRC to report fraudulant parents, Well done for getting to speak to someone high up

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not happened to me as far as I'm aware but I had wondered before if it could just be reported as benefit fraud since that's what it is, good to know for future reference.

dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KAREN K`S View Post
    Hi just read your post, I have just posted one myself same subject, Today, I was told to ring HMRC to report fraudulant parents, Well done for getting to speak to someone high up
    completely by accident we were both waiting to see the midwives at the hospital, urine sample in hand
    PRINCESS DAISY FLOWER

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER View Post
    completely by accident we were both waiting to see the midwives at the hospital, urine sample in hand
    the places you find out useful information!

phoebe-alice Guest

This has actually happened to me before where a parent had been telling me that she had not recieved her tax credits as she had had some trouble with them, when actually she had been recieving them all the time and keeping the money for herself. And evenually went off leaving over £500 fees unpaid.
    I know I shouldn't of let her go so long without paying but I really did think she was being genuine and trying to get the problem sorted and the 'back pay' from the tax credit office for their mistake. But now I'm only too wise to it now I'm not having that happen again as thats alot of money to lose.
    I just got a call from the tax credit office 5 months later aswell them asking if I still had her child on the hours she was specifying when I had already reported her 5 month prior what...?
    The tax credit office really need to sort themselves out and stop parents cheating the system, I wish the money could go direct to the childminde/care provider like it used to.
    Its good that more childminders are aware of this problem though, as it can really bite you, Phoebe x x
    Last edited by phoebe-alice; 28-09-2010 at 09:47 PM.